Poll about my pixel site!

Mimii

About Mimi's pixel site  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make my pixel site on Neopets or host it on my domain?

• On Neopets, users can link there!
    • On your domain, too many pixels would make load times slowww

I have been working a little bit here and there on this pixel site of mine (see this thread for details!) and I was wondering, since I have never done this sort of thing before, which would be the better option?

On one hand if I made it on pet pages other users could link me there.

On the other hand I plan to have 500+ pixels available, that would make loading slowwwww.

I'm also afraid that if I make it on a pet page I won't get quite the recognition for my hard work, I don't want to be ripped off. Then again if people are using them without linking and such isn't that against Neopets' rules? That would be easier to report if it came to that.

Oh and also if anyone wants to see some of the new pixels.. You might be able to persuade me to post some more here.. *wink wink* Haha

I actually think you should do a combination of both. On the neopets page you could have buttons. You could also list these on the off site page. You could also have a small selection of the pixels on the neopets site and maybe mention the place where you keep the rest. (I know you can't put an outside link, but I believe you could mention a key word to look for or some such.)

Oh, and I would love to see more of your work. It's wonderful!

Thanks guys! :) I guess I should stop teasing you all and post some.. lol Remember..

NO ONE CAN USE THESE PIXELS YET! THAT MEANS YOU TOO, GUESTS!!

Lol, I'm scared someone not from the forum will pop in and take. D:

Okie, here we go. I have a lot more of each thing than I will show, just want to save space here.

Slorgs

basic.gifdisco-1.giffire-2.gifgrey-1.gifstarry-1.gif

Codestones:

vux.gifmag.gifhar.gifbri.gif

Novas:

ultra.gifgrey-2.gifsuper.gif

Neggs:

negg.gifsupericy.gifultraicy.gifwicked.gif

That's all for the sneak peeks! XD I have a bunch more like I said of each but those are teasers. <3

• 2 months later...

Let me start off by saying your art is GREAT!

I loooovee these, and I will surely use them when you finish.

As to where you should put these, I think you should do both, maybe preview on Neopets, then full-out on your web domain. I love working with Pixel-art, just could never really get a touch to making it myself. Keep up the good work!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephanie* if you have any questions regarding this action.

Love it! You did a Fantastic job with them, I also second the idea of keeping a few on your petpage than hosting the full thing on another site :).