NC Mall-Yay or Nay?

rachiee

So, are you for or against the NC Mall?

I'm one of those people who is for the NC Mall because 1, you're helping support the site if you buy stuff from the NC Mall (I think)-kinda like getting Premium, 2, you can buy awesome stuff for your Neopet and 3, instead of using Paypal to get Neocash, you can use the NC Cards instead. I was pretty disappointed when I learned we had to use paypal for the NC Mall-but instantly happy when NC Cards came into the world.

Post your opinion here.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for it, I don't use it, but I'm for it.

Why not? It's just a neat way for people with extra money to dress up their Neopets.

And Neopets does need to make money or it'll have to close. Eek!

Since it isn't mandatory to buy from the NC Mall, I think it's fine. :)

I think they improved the NC Mall a lot the day they removed the expiration date on the items. But we have to remember that it's optional and that nobody is forced to buy from it. If you're against it, just ignore this area of the site.

I've purchased some items from it and they look great on my pets ;p. So I guess it's a YAY for me!

^^^ But that is going to change within time, so I guess it is just a waiting game for you.

I don't care either way (then again I am not very active on neopets anymore). If people want to spend their money on Neopets, then that is their choice. I personally don't understand why some people are getting all 'up and arms' about this!

I'm pretty meh about it. Mainly because NC Mall items manage to do something even Keyquest can't: lag my computer. Once I go to my pet pages, NC mall and a few more places, it takes forever to go to another page simply due to that background of mine... And I don't want to remove it because well... I paid for it. :/

While I don't use the NC Mall, I'm neither for or against it. Sure, some people don't like the idea of spending money on virtual pets, but if you don't like it, there's no need to bother about it. Personally, I find that it's made people's pets a lot more colourful. :yes:

I dont use it, but I'm for it. It's nice, and everything's really cute and pretty, I might eventually buy cards....but probably not.

It's distracting us from the main part of the site and what's the point of spending money for virtual items? I say nay.

^I agree with this, even though I don't go on neo much anymore. It's a waste to spend any money on virtual clothes for virtual pets, most of which have no benifit on the site except to 'make your pets pretty.'

I just... don't like it much.

I say yay, but only if you know you can afford it and use it properly. If you're a newbie who's gonna quit after a day, there's no point in buying a cash card. But if you're an experienced player and want it, why not?

------------------------

Like everyone's been saying - Click my vxOW.gifZAmi.gif or they'll die!

I like the NeoMall, smart way to get profit.

And a nifty way to get nice items for no neopoints.

Just for money.. xD

Well, I love to customize, so I love it...although I really don't use it very much.

I wish we didn't have to use Paypal, and that highly customized pets didn't lag so much...

Still, I have to agree with everyone that is saying, if you don't like it don't buy it.

I also agree with SkyShadow that it makes the site overall more colorful.

So It's A Definite Yay From Me...

I don't really know much about the Nc Mall. I had a look at it and don't really understand what's going on lol.

It's basically a place where you can buy wearables for your pets with real money.

i like it, but at the same time i dont like spending money for neopets.. yea it benefits the site, but so do those stupid ads we put up with if we dont have premium

But you don't have to buy premium to get rid of the ads - just check out some of TDN's ad blocking guides (under Helpful Articles > Tutorials). /plug :P

• 2 weeks later...

I think the NC Mall is a really good addition for the site, now and then you might even be able to get something for free from it.

But i wish the page loaded faster, they have a hundred scrips running all at the same time.

(it only takes about 30 secs to load, but hay who likes to wait!)

^_^

I think it's a very good idea having the mall, people complain about all the adverts on Neopets but it helps to pay for the site, this is a way for Neopets to earn money, that doesn't affect everyone like the adverts do. The only irritating thing I can think of is that sometimes the items are sold out, and seeing as though we are spending our own money on them I find it more annoying then when the normal shops don't have items in.

When the nc mall opened, at the beginning, I was against it. Why buying items with real money, if after some week, they disappear ? But when they update it, I change my mind. The items you can buy, are for most of them, beautiful. If you have money to buy them, why not ? I'm not using it thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I support the NC Mall, since it's a nice way for TNT to make money without having popups and the like, and also gives us the chance to do a little more with our pets. They're not withholding anything from us, really, unless you count the mystery capsules. :) I bought some NeoCash, dressed up my pet a bit, and felt, "Not bad, but I'm not buying any more NC."

@Bob: Yes, some of the items disappear, but it's only like 1% of them.