PSA: High Scores Can Have Unintended Consequences [please vote in CC!]

fullonparanoid

Hey gang!

It is another good week for TDN peeps in the CC! :D

(see also: Angelo/darkobsession and sinri/jlp2q)

This week's image has an intimidatingly large Slorg making its presence known...but is this a good thing or a bad thing?

I guess the surprised Neopets will soon find out! /grin

Please consider casting your vote(s) my way. There are lots of great captions, so every vote is very much appreciated. You can vote once every four hours until the end of the contest (usually Tuesday afternoon).

caption_1390.jpg

By fullonparanoid:
Gnorbu: Did he really just ask us who has the highest score on Attack of the Slorgs?
Cheers!
:P
Vote directly for fullonparanoid: HERE
See all captions: HERE

Voted for you! :)

I am still waiting for the Dutch captions... and our contest is bugged, the old image is still up, however the first day it WAS the big Slorg image, and the image in the news is also right, so I based my caption on that image... Curious on how that will end, haha.

Thank you, Marr! :D

I actually switched my language when voting for you last round...and realized that I don't know a lick of Dutch. :D

I wish I was fluent enough in another language to participate in other contests. That is actually an item on my 'Bucket List': Become fluent in another language (most likely Spanish)

/grin

Hope your caption is chosen!

Cheers!

I'll vote for you!

Also, I have a question about this. I have submitted captions many times over the past year or so and I can never, ever find them again? Does this mean they were never "approved"? Am I not looking in the right place? Please help... I would love to actually be able to enter the contest sometime!! :)

Thanks!!

Hey there, stdavis! :D

Thank you for voting for me in the CC. /grin

To answer your CC question, I will give a bit of an overview on how the contest is run.

Each week there is a new CC image put up (the new image usually goes up late Tuesday afternoon).

Once the image is posted, there is a period of time during which you can enter captions to be looked at by the CC judges.

You can enter as many captions as you want during this period.

The judges look at the entered captions and they choose 40 captions for the Neopets community to vote on ( they usually get posted late Fri night or early Sat morn). There are fewer captions chosen for contests in other languages.

Those 40 captions are up for vote until the winners are announced (usually late Tues afternoon).

The top 25 place and get a prize.

1st-5th = Gold

6th-12th = Silver

13th - 25th = Bronze

ALL prizes are pulled from the same random prize pool...Gold does not mean a better prize. It is RANDOM.

Much of the confusion with the CC is due to the fact that, even AFTER the judges have chosen the captions to vote on for an image...the text box remains active for that image. That makes it look like captions can still be entered into the contest...but they can't.

Once the 40 captions have been posted for the community to vote on, NO MORE captions will be accepted for that image (even though one can still enter them into the text field and send them).

This confused me for YEARS...I wish they would change it. I wish TNT would remove the ability to send captions once the judges have posted the 40 to vote on.

So, in short:

- Tuesday evening a new image is posted

- Captions can be sent in Tuesday evening until captions are posted (usually Fri night/Sat morn)

- You can send in as many captions as you want until the judges post captions

- Voting on the 40 posted captions is open until winners are announced (usually Tuesday late afternoon)

- You can vote once every 4 hours while voting is open

I hope this helps!

If you have any other questions...fire away!

Cheers!

Thank you, sinri! Good luck to you as well! :D

It saddens me that the Lag Monster attacked again yesterday...I had hoped that that particular beast had been slain.

Ah well...if not fixed today, then one would hope it will be done first thing Monday.

Thank you, all, for the votes cast thus far...please keep 'em headed my way!

Cheers!

Thank you for the vote, Emily! :D

I think that all TDN peeps have been supportive of each other in the CC (and other contests)...the comaraderie is one of my favorite things about TDN! /grin

I dunno how long Neo will up and running today, but, if the CC finishes at a normal time voting should close late this afternoon/early evening. Remember, you can vote once every 4 hours until the contest ends! :D

Thank you, ALL, for the votes cast this round...they are, to a one, greatly appreciated.

Cheers!