Premium membership

trippin

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the neopets premium membership and if it is totally worth it or not.

I was playing zurroball and the ads were frustrating me so much that I was literally a click away from paying for the membership. I remembered about the mozilla add-ons that block ads so I installed that and its working out great. Anyways, please share experiences of being a premium member and if you feel that once you are that it would be hard to go back to being a "normal" member.

Thanks

I've had premium on and off over the course of my time on Neo, and I plan to get it again when I get my next paycheck since it'll be a decent sized one.

I feel the Premium ad-less site is a lot cleaner than an ad-blocked one- you don't have any odd gaps in the layout where the site has a reserved div for an ad but there is none. The in-site toolbar for dailies and such was nice, as were the bonuses they give out (the NC monthly stuff tends to be very pretty). Weekly scratchcards are guaranteed a win though it's rarely anything particularly good. I never hung out around the boards, so someone else can comment on that, but I hear they're quite nice.

Also, there's the matter of the 5th pet slot. That alone can be worth the ticket price if you want that slot.

SSW makes it worth it, but no ads and the other benefits are like icing on top of the cake

I agree the SSW makes it worth it. The 5th pet slot is nice for the pet lending chains b/c you don't have to keep switching your pets to make room for it. The monthly freebies are nice to but the SSW is really what I am happy to pay for.

The SSW is the best reason to get it to me. The fifth pet and scratchcards are nice too. If you do the Obelisk battles you also get a second boon if your team wins. Also, it's always a nice surprise when you get random double nps when you're playing flash games. It just depends if all of this is worth it to you.

I like premium but I have been playing for years and play a LOT, the SSW is the best feature as everyone says but its not as good as it used to be since so many people have it these days anyway IMHO

I would try it for a month and see if you like it before committing to a long contract - if you get a fifth pet just be careful to send it to a side account before the month ends though or you will lose it. I seem to think there was a special offer on with a reduction atm so it might be worth looking for that, pretty sure it was mentioned on the first page/home page on neo

The SSW and the premium battledome where you can get nerks are the best things for me! I decided to get a 4 month premium for summer, and cancelled for the rest of the year... It is quite nice, but I personnaly, believe that there could be more benefits ;s

Apart from the SSW I keep Premium as a kind of support for TNT. I know it sounds cheesy but if I like a product, I don't mind forking out some cash to make sure the project is sustainable.

I totally agree. While I of course enjoy perks (no ads and SSW are my favourites), having Premium is my way to say "thank you" to TNT.

I love my Primo account! I'll def have to echo that the SSW is prob the best, items in my shop just FLY off the shelves--it's hard to keep it stocked. The REs are fun, too. Usually NPs and random food. I once received a stamp worth 75k and sold it. I like everything about it, pretty much. :)

I've had Premium for a year now, and let me tell you, as long as I have 8 bucks, I'm never going back. If you spend a ton of time on Neo, then it's definitely worth it, but I keep mine for the SSW alone! It makes things sooooo much faster and the amount of REs I get is amazing. Once, I got 2 REs within ONE MINUTE of each other. (That usually happens when playing NQ!)

Overall, I love my Premium membership, and the perks are great, but the SSW is really where it's at.

I'm bascially just echoing what everyone else has said, but again, SSW is the bomb. I don't think I could go back to refreshing on the regular SW to ensure that I got the right price. Battedome is nice cause you tend to get good prizes from Jetsam Ace, and the other perks like free NP and NC wearables are cool too. But once you have SSW, you will never go back ;P

I would try it for a month and see if you like it before committing to a long contract - if you get a fifth pet just be careful to send it to a side account before the month ends though or you will lose it. I seem to think there was a special offer on with a reduction atm so it might be worth looking for that, pretty sure it was mentioned on the first page/home page on neo

the price reduction is for a 12-month membership, so it wouldn't help if s/he just wants to try it out for a month. i've been thinking about trying it out too, and i'll probably just buy a month like you suggested.

And can anyone explain how the SSW works compared to the regular SW? What is so great about it?

(So sorry about the newb questions. This is the longest I've continuously played neo now and am finally appreciated the finer aspects of it)

whats great about ssw is that it gives the lowest prices of the item right away. The ordinary shop wiz gives you a list of lowest prices in a letter group them if you refresh there is another list of lowest prices in a different set of letters group for example all the user names starting with a or n or ......

The ssw gives the very lowest price of that item every time. You cant search for nerks or paintbrushes and get the user to buy from but for everything else you can.