(When) Do you think new Habi levels will be announced?

Lauren_x

I've very recently turned level 50 on Habi :D And I love it. It's such a great way to earn neopoints and it was really fun building up my habitarium and getting to this level.

My question is: do you think TNT are going to release new levels? If so, when?

I like being level 50! I love those purple gems (: So at the moment I'm glad this is the max level. I also think that if my habi were to get much bigger it wouldn't run very well on my computer.

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on this topic :) Also, newbie avvie collectors (like me), don't forget your Sloth avatar today!

i think it is unlikely that they ever will, as increasing habi size makes it unstable, also we would earn too much NPs when it again reached max level, as increasing levels would generally increase population/storage limits.

originally it was conceived as a NC game, but after conversion into mainstream Neopia, it would probably devalue the NP too much to release extra levels. people would play less flash games, which run the adverts that help fund neopets :)

I hope... never. :P I'd hate to imagine how long it would took to climb up to the max again, and for such little extra NPs rewarded per level up while you're at it. I think what TNT should be doing for now, is fixing the remaining glitches instead.

Well, after the fiasco of cheaters running through levels, it's evident that TNT has at least programmed levels up to 100. Before anything has a chance of being released, They probably want to fix all current glitches and make sure everything is 100% stable before introducing new levels (and undoubtedly, new problems). Due to the fact that more levels have evidently been programmed, TNT must not think that Habi is a threat to income-generating content. Perhaps they will choose to cap max-out gems at a 500np value. The XP needed to reach the higher levels will also increase, and the time needed to get these higher levels and the reward they generate is fairly equivalent to the time it would take to play flash games to generate the same amount of income.

I'm sure we'll eventually get new levels, but I'd rather all the glitches be fixed before TNT rushes to add more to the game.

I hope it stays the same for a while so I can get to level 50 :P If they introduced new levels with the same NP system people would get craazy rich o_O. I think they'll probably just keep it level 50, or have a big overhaul with prizes and reduce the amount of neopoints one can earn throughout.

Yes I rather thought TNT had programmed in levels higher than 50 due to the fact when you attempt to upgrade buildings/p3s that are already at their highest level there is a message saying (for example) "You need to be level 67 to upgrade your [whatever it is] to the next level"

Hmm, very interesting responses. Like I said, I too hope that they don't put in new levels for a LOOOONG time cos I'm saving up for a plushie pb and the best way of making money for me is habitarium cos I'm awful at both the flash games and restocking ;)

Ugh...

I don't think my laptop could handle anything above level 50.

...Like most people I'm using the habi right now as a way to earn NP... I mean endless NPs vs. 3000 (maybe) per game?!?!

Level 50 can stick around forever as far as I'm concerned. (:

I hope they never do. There are so many glitches and problems with being locked out... they don't need to be working on any new levels until they get the game fixed IMO. Plus I know it's already difficult for people to run to due lag, and if they make it bigger it'll just lag a lot more. I got locked out and am finally at lvl 49 after a few weeks, I had to start back at lvl 1.

Even if they originally programmed more levels I've a feeling they might never actually be released. It doesn't really add to the game in terms of new content and people who play it really just see it as a moneymaker (myself included). If anything I think maybe they would just release some new items to bring in fresh ideas.

in terms of the time players spend on habi vs time on games, games still win, most people leave habi unattended to accrue gems. and even when leveling up, there were no ads, you could just play, whereas the flash games have those ads before they load.

those ads are significant revenue, and so i imagine they would not release more levels in an attempt to get people to at least play a few games daily. Google was the advertiser with the most growth last year, and is now the largest advertiser in the world, and its all because of those adverts in the side.. (i forget the amount of money they make off it a year, but its more than most major companies)

levelling up requires time yes but in terms of np earned/time, habitarium is still a clear winner because the time invested is low compared to the return, vs lets say hannah and the pirate caves, requires maybe 15 min to earn 1000np? kass basher, splat-a-sloth and fashion fever are some of the few low time/high return games.

i think i['m too tired to make sense :P i do wish they released more items even if they didn't release more levels.