Pound surfing

*princess*

It can be... personally, I find it a little boring but I know others who do it constantly so its up to you really :)

Generally the only time I really bother is to find well-named pets to lab lol The only time I've been successful in finding already painted pets in the board was when someone made a board in Charter with a list of them :P I did get three nicely named painted pets to add to my guild's adoption agency then!

Well, if you're after a pet it's good to pound surf a bit. I've gotten several well named pets that way before, one of them being my Purple Jetsam!

I never do it. I mean, I don't criticize people who do, whatever makes you happy I guess; and I know some people really enjoy adopting poor abandoned pets and taking care of them, which is cool. But I just sort of feel like it would take away a lot of what I personally find fun about the site. My own pets are special to me, I've never seen the appeal in sitting at the pound for hours trying to find a random pet just because it's painted or "rare" or something -- I'd rather create pets myself, give them names I made up for them, and put the work into painting/training/whatever so I end up with my own dream pet that I earned everything for and whose "personality" I invented from the ground up. And I really don't like the idea of putting a value on pets or treating them like a status symbol. I realize that sounds a little hypocritical given that three of the pets on my main are LE, but I honestly don't have them because I care that they're "rare", I just really like their species -- I think Hissis and Draiks are awesome-looking, the fact that they happen to be harder to get is utterly irrelevant to me. Same with color -- my goal is to paint my pets Pirate because I love the look of the Pirate pets and I want to have a pirate crew on my main, and I would still want to do it even if Pirate PB's were being handed out like Omelettes and everyone and their mother had Pirate pets. It makes me sad whenever I go to the Neoboards and see one asking how much a particular pet is "worth". Yeah, I know they're "just pixels", but they're *intended* to be treated like real pets, and that's how I feel about mine -- I'm in college and can't have pets in my apartment, so my Neopets are my pets right now. Haha...sorry, this response sorta turned into a rant, but anyway, that's my two cents and then some on the subject. :P

I surfed the pound to get a Tonu and looked into getting a Jetsam, but it took too long and is really boring. I know people who surf the pound to get a lab rat and then put it back in the pound once it is a cool species or colour. I only wanted to get a Tonu so I can paint it Darigan for the avvie and for the same reason I wanted a Jetsam, but that is the only reasons. I like my pets and I don't like having heaps of them!!

When I pound surfed, I didn't do it for hours on end- In fact, I think it was all of 20 minutes and I adopted 3 pets that I really liked. Finding my Jetsam was nothing more than being at the right place at the right time. I wouldn't even suggest doing it for hours on end- That'd get boring and you could miss something.

Well as far as the question "Is it worth it?" goes, it really depends on what you want and how good your eye is. :yes: Personally I don't pound surf as I'm pretty happy with my own pet, although it is a kind act to adopt an abandoned pet.