Oh Emm Gee!!!!!

Carmi

:O Hey! Whatcha doing puttin' a picture of my house here? That's mah hole! xD

But wow, that looks pretty dangerous.

I see that you turned out okay, Carmi? :)

"Wow, nice. How big is it? 15 feet wide? 4 feet deep? Those are just my guesses. Your house is still intact, right?"

I don't know how wide it is but looking at it my fiance who is 6'3ish could have been standing down in it and not been able to reach out. Yes my house is a okay. Thank you for asking ^^. We were more worried about the idiot neighbors tree landing in our our kitchen then the sink hole. Right now my mother is saying I am too obsessed by the sinkhole.

" Hey! Whatcha doing puttin' a picture of my house here? That's mah hole! xD But wow, that looks pretty dangerous.

I see that you turned out okay, Carmi?"

Sorry I couldn't help it =/ It was such a neat hole lol. Shhhhh but between us I went around the caution tape for better pictures. And yuppers a okay but my friend who was a mile away from one of the tornadoes is now spending his weekend in Chicago.

Good thing your house is fine and nice idiot neighbors....

we got something like that on our street in Florida. we could barely drive without our car getting stuck in the water and my grandmas porch was like wet and my neighbors porch had standing water in it lol

:O That doesn't look very pretty!!! Maybe I should take photos of my street, it has leaves all through it, cause it's autumn :P

Good to hear that you are ok, Carmi!!

Hmm... interesting. (sorry for the lack of creativity, but that's my general response to most things out of the ordinary :P )

So you live in Iowa? Well, I'm glad to hear that things are going okay for you then. :)

Wow, you learn something new everyday, I never knew sinkholes really existed, I have never heard about them except for in the Simpsons movie. Thank you for enlightening me as to what they really are :D

• 2 weeks later...

xD Nice to meet a fellow Iowan. My city has been ravaged by storms as well. We haven't got sinkholes that big, but my next-door neighbor's house was ripped from its foundations....

we might get a dust storm were i live, but other than that and maybe some hail

(that melts as soon as it slams into you so you can't even through it at your laughing friend. : ::angry:: : )

in the winter, but other than that we don't get much.

we might get a dust storm were i live, but other than that and maybe some hail

(that melts as soon as it slams into you so you can't even through it at your laughing friend. : ::angry:: : )

in the winter, but other than that we don't get much.

Sink holes, floods, and dust storms, huh? Here's my little contribution...I live in Florida, so I get hurricanes. I'm hoping for a quiet season, but Tropical Storm Bertha is out there right now! It seems no matter where you live, nature is going to get you soomer or later. Personally, I can live with later. Alot later.

Texas is a tornado magnet. That's basically the only threat we have, except for the occasional flood. Our city got flooded last year, but our house was fine due to the fact that we live on a hill. :P

Texas is a tornado magnet. That's basically the only threat we have, except for the occasional flood. Our city got flooded last year, but our house was fine due to the fact that we live on a hill. :P

I live on a hill, but there is a depression in our backyard where rain from most of the block ends up. To keep from flooding and to keep mosquito populations low, we have a pump to get the water into the storm drain on the street.