Who will win?

nightname

As of now, I think it's anyone's game. It's probably safe to teams like Faerieland are out, but with only one game played, you never know what can happen. Maybe the Neopian Gods are smiling on the underdog this year.

It's silly to try to pin a label on a team because of their previous win record. I do think DC will have a bit of a noob problem, but that doesn't mean they won't make it to the finals. In much the same way, I think teams with "paint brush potential" will also have some noob issues (because everyone wants a Pirate/Island/Shenkuu PB! Even though Shenkuu PBs don't exist!), but that's not necessarily an instant death wish. Just being someone is a noob, doesn't mean they can't play Yooyuball, after all.

Look at DC overall. They're the type of team that, even before winning last year, attracts noobs, with their dark imagery and tough attitude, but in the end they still did win. Roo Island will probably have less of a noob problem because they're not a visually or overall attractive type of team. In the words of my friend today, "What the heck does Roo Island have? Dice? Who cares?", which can really work for them in terms of who they will and will not attract. So they won second last year? Doesn't mean they're cool. Of course, there will still be people who join because they did win second.

In the end, though, none of that means anything until we see how well the teams preform in more than just one match.

Wait, do you mean you have 13/10 wins agains each, or that you scored 13/10 points in a single match? o_O Either way that's pretty good, congrats! :) Though if it's the latter then they must have tweaked the scoring system; I'm pretty sure that was literally impossible last year -- after 9 goals the goalie would speed up to be faster than the ball and it seemed like you couldn't get a tenth goal no matter what you did. I always kind of wondered why they did that actually, I figure if you're capable of getting more than 9 goals a match why on Earth shouldn't you be allowed to? :eh: I haven't been able to try for it yet this year, I've had a couple 9-0 matches but I keep running out of time before I can go for a tenth (stupid snow Yooyus always take me a couple tries. :P)

Yes, with the new version of Yooyuball the goalie no longer becomes impossible to shoot past. You can score more than 9 goals if you're good enough. :yes:

Look at DC overall. They're the type of team that, even before winning last year, attracts noobs, with their dark imagery and tough attitude, but in the end they still did win. Roo Island will probably have less of a noob problem because they're not a visually or overall attractive type of team. In the words of my friend today, "What the heck does Roo Island have? Dice? Who cares?", which can really work for them in terms of who they will and will not attract. So they won second last year? Doesn't mean they're cool. Of course, there will still be people who join because they did win second.

I guess you were talking in a different context, but for the record, Rooligans are cool. :yes: They have an excellent, jovial, truly sporting attitude towards the AC, and bashing other teams is virtually non-existent among their ranks. Now if that doesn't make a team cool, I don't know what does.

With that said - GO MARAQUA! :P

Wait, do you mean you have 13/10 wins agains each, or that you scored 13/10 points in a single match? o_O Either way that's pretty good, congrats! :) Though if it's the latter then they must have tweaked the scoring system; I'm pretty sure that was literally impossible last year -- after 9 goals the goalie would speed up to be faster than the ball and it seemed like you couldn't get a tenth goal no matter what you did. I always kind of wondered why they did that actually, I figure if you're capable of getting more than 9 goals a match why on Earth shouldn't you be allowed to? :eh: I haven't been able to try for it yet this year, I've had a couple 9-0 matches but I keep running out of time before I can go for a tenth (stupid snow Yooyus always take me a couple tries. :P)

I scored that much in a single match as my record, for the most scores against each team in one match.

Personally, I still think it's too early to judge. I might come up with some predictions after the first Round Robin is over. :yes:

Newbies aren't always so bad to have. This is my first year and all my scores sent today against Altador have been 7-0 to 9-0 except for one.

Lets pick up the slushie slinger KI! It's too bad RI and KI aren't scheduled for a round robin match.

I guess you were talking in a different context, but for the record, Rooligans are cool. :yes: They have an excellent, jovial, truly sporting attitude towards the AC, and bashing other teams is virtually non-existent among their ranks. Now if that doesn't make a team cool, I don't know what does.

I meant from a perspective that doesn't include the fans. There are plenty of people who join teams without looking into the type of players it attracts (especially because the neoboards are horrifying), just what the world features in game, and the like.

That being said, I'm a Rooligan myself and I adore the way most of our players act. If we were judging by player attitude alone, I would say Roo would win. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Rooligan--this is my first year and the attitude of the team was one of the reasons I joined. =)

That being said, I'm a Rooligan myself and I adore the way most of our players act. If we were judging by player attitude alone, I would say Roo would win. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Rooligan--this is my first year and the attitude of the team was one of the reasons I joined. =)

Yes, judging by attitude and sportsmanship alone, the Roos would win, followed closely by Maraqua. :P

Unfortunately, anticipating the outcome of this year's AC isn't that simple.

Well I believe that krawk island is going to have some problems in the future.

When they go up against higher level teams(like RI b)),which they havent done so far, their gonning to loose.

No offence but they did not have a good win over MI and Maraqua hadn't pulled itself together(like it did today).

SO in conclusin saturday when they play Shenkuu(the first hard team they'll play) I plan on them loosing terribly.

When they go up against higher level teams(like RI b)),which they havent done so far, their gonning to loose.

No offence but they did not have a good win over MI and Maraqua hadn't pulled itself together(like it did today).

SO in conclusin saturday when they play Shenkuu(the first hard team they'll play) I plan on them loosing terribly.

Keep dreaming, Roo Island just wiped out a low ranker, and we decimated one of the top rankers. Krawk Island prevails.

*Cracks knuckles* Well Maraqua's finally getting into form. We might just be able to grab a decent rank in the tables once we get up to speed. ^_^

Keep dreaming, Roo Island just wiped out a low ranker, and we decimated one of the top rankers. Krawk Island prevails.

and what team wouild that be?

though maraqua, kruelador, and altador are all good teams.

there just average ones.

We've had to face shenkuu and Kreludor

Those are some of the top teams

Actually both Shenkuu and Kreludor have played terribly, with no yooyuball wins. Shenkuu has the excuse of being up against some of the top teams, but that means at least two other teams, DC and HW, are also better than Shenkuu. Kruledor is just doing bad.

Let's just wait until we get the top four and see who's better.

You can settle your arguments when you cross paths. :yes: For now, you're both top teams, so bask in that knowledge.

Newbies aren't always so bad to have. This is my first year and all my scores sent today against Altador have been 7-0 to 9-0 except for one.

Lets pick up the slushie slinger KI! It's too bad RI and KI aren't scheduled for a round robin match.

You're right. just look at most of the newbies that have just started neopets and look at all the trophies they have. Of course I might just be overreacting but really it's not the newbies to blame. They try their best because it's their first time participating in the AC, like me. But what I'm saying is everyone should give 100% no matter what! :)

Krawk Island FTW

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Krawk Islander) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make all posts more than 7 words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I guess you planned wrong because Krawk Island just beat Shenkuu in everything on Saturday.

I think Krawk Island and Roo Island have the best chance of winning the cup this year.

Well i'd like to see the defending champs from take home the cup again but seein how bad it's goin for us it might b kinda hard. DC supporters have steadly left and now most veterans or gone. I guess We'll find out when we go up against when we go up against KI tmro... ill try me best gona go at least 100 wins but since we couldn't even beat Meridell. Still rooting for DC to win 2 times in a row, just dont think we will

I guess you planned wrong because Krawk Island just beat Shenkuu in everything on Saturday.

I think Krawk Island and Roo Island have the best chance of winning the cup this year.

I posted that before i found out that SK haven't done very good

Hopefully tommarow wil show their true capabilities

or not even then but saturday ;)