The Stock Market

TheUnknown

Stock Value  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel like the Stock Market has something against you?

• Yeah, most of my stocks are in the negatives!
    • Yeah, the stock value seems skyrocket after I sell my stocks for it!
    • Nope, I've made tons of it!

So... yeah. Everytime I hold on a stock, it stays around 50-60, it falls back down. When I sell them all (since they seem to only rise when I have 1-3K of them) at 50-60, they suddenly skyrocket to 80+ (at the time of this typing, DROO and TNPT are over 100). This happens every single time... :(

Anybody else seem to have that somewhat happen to them? Then again, luck seems to be against me for everything, technological or not... -_-

Everybody has a different sell point. I like to sell when it is over 60 and I would hold shares to see if it goes higher if I had like 4,000 or 5,000 of a tickets.

Usually my stocks are doing good. It's only a question of patience.

I've made over 500k with the stocks, I'm positively sure XD.

I usually buy as much stocks as I can and then forget about them. Then I come back a few months later to check on them. It works! :)

I like to sell in the 90+ range.

Yup. The stock market isn't a quick cash scheme - you have to be patient and have a general knowledge of which stocks will behave how. Try to set a lower selling point if you're just starting out, and change it as you get to know the Neodaq better. :yes:

Personally I'm doing pretty well on the Stock Market. ^_^

Someone told me that you should always buy stocks when they are at 15 and then just wait until they rise, he said that sometimes they will rise a little and then fall and some will fall and some will rise, but I should just sit on them until they go up. Is that true?

Well exactly 15 NP isn't exactly the best buying range. 15-17 NP is a better range for starters, since you don't have such a limited choice in stocks. :yes:

I used to do that. it worked but it was hardly worth it. If you want to make some descent money invest in something more expensive. Watch it for a while to see what are its highs and lows, then start stocking up on those shares and hope it doesn't drop :)

Well my buying range is from 15-20 NP, but I only buy stocks which will climb to my selling range (70 NP) within 6 months. :yes:

Also, try not to invest too much in one company - companies can and have gone bankrupt before.

I'm doing alright. Though I tend to not like selling them and then they drop in price D:

I sell some at 60, then some more around each 10 np increase. This way, if it goes up, I won't feel upset that I've sold it all. And if it doesn't, then I'll just wait until it goes up again.

If you're just starting out, it can be frustrating that your stocks are in the negatives all the time. But just continue buying and once you have several stocks, profit will eventually start pouring in.

It's not the fastest way to earn np (restocking is!) but if you have many shares and that stock goes up, you'll make lots of np.

I don't care what I buy, as long as it's at the minimum, which is 15. I'm in no rush, and as I said already, every stock will eventually rise, so the cheaper you buy, the more profit there is :)

Totals: 241,000 3,617,000 4,107,000 +13.55%

@muchabi: However, there are some stocks that don't rise quite as high as others. ;)

@pipdoubledip: 2 months is a pretty short time in stock market terms. Try waiting a bit longer. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I always buy at 15NP. I also try to diversify. If the only stocks at 15NP are stocks I already have a few thousand of, then I wait and check in every half hour to see if any others reach 15NP. I do buy my limit every day at 15NP regardless, though. I do have a diverse portfolio. I also have a sell price and I only sell if they get that high. Otherwise, I let them sit there. I've made a good amount off the stock market. It's a fairly safe investment and doesn't require a lot of time or effort. Usually a few minutes in the morning and a refresh every half hour while I'm online.

Sometimes stock goes up after I sell it. That's okay. I've still made plenty of money anyway. :D

• 4 weeks later...

At this board: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=123677444

It lists a lot of guides a few posts down.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Princess Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics older than 14 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Princess Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.