Raised in some anger,

A person will end,

And put against danger,

He'll seek out a friend,

And lucky are we,

Who turn and do find,

A friend at our side,

Instead of our kind.

- Rights are given to republish this poem freely so long as credit is given to the author for his intellectual property.

What exactly is this poem suppose to be about? Just so I don't get confused and start posting the wrong thing :P

How do you write a poem about nothing?

I like the last two versus :D They are my favourite :yes:

Hmm... Ok I would like that :yes: It confuses me that someone can write a poem about nothing. I always thought people had meanings behind things they wrote.

I hate the english as a subject and am not good at it, so I have never been able to write poetry!

Yeah, I swear don't even try and get me to decipher that!!! :P

Really, it was just a comment about my love of all things orange. But... now I'm leaving for real. So, g'night. Remember, the orange surpasses all things, from the great flight of eagles to the lowly chirping of a cricket... beyond day, night, time and space... Orange will be... and orange will be for all time.

The bird flies at noon

Crickets chirp at the dark hours

And the orange lives

How is that you declaring your love for all things orange? At first it talks about birds and noon, then crickets at night and then orange living?? :S

xD I hate oranges. *squish*

And that's a nice poem you have there. :yes: I usually write them when a certain event in my life happens.

For the sake of randomness: *presses button and floods thread with orange juice*

But I can really appreciate the meaning of that first poem. :yes: It relates to some past experiences of mine...

In any case, great poetry! :D

Really nice! :D I've written some amateur poems, but never something like that.

*vaporises orange juice with single blast from giant cannon*

How is that you declaring your love for all things orange? At first it talks about birds and noon, then crickets at night and then orange living?? :S

The bird flies at noon

Crickets chirp at the dark hours

And the orange lives

You'll see... the orange is like the bird. It reaches all heights. It touches the sun, as do a birds wings. And yet, the smallest creatures indulge in it... the crickets too partake of the orange. They reach forth, and the orange touches all things, great and small, low and tall.

The orange...lives in us all.

How does the orange touch the sun? Photosynthesis. See? I anticipated your next question. Besides...haven't you ever heard of sun-kissed oranges?

Sun-kissed... Sunkist. XD

But oranges don't fly, carry monkeys off trees, kill people (at least not intentionally), or chirp/caw/screech. And a bird doesn't get eaten by worms or caterpillars until it's dead. :P

xD I guess that would be obvious.

Did you know that I make sense even when I don't make sense? That was crystal clear. :snitch:

Anyway...my most recent poem is on my profile page.

People on this forum are excellent at not making sense. (: That's why we come on here when we're bored - so we can try and decipher each other's posts. There's not usually any poetry though. :)

Well I'm glad we have a good poet on the forums at last then. :) I know my own poetry sucks so badly I flinch when I look at it.

I can't write poems. If someone put a gun to my head and said write a poem or you will die, I would but I don't think it would be readable :P

I like your poem Morgan, have read it a couple of times now :)

Mark I still don't get it, I take it isn't suppose to be real, but it still makes no sense to me.

I think you guys are dissing your poetry skills too much. If you can find some meaning to it (even one as weird as Mark's haiku), and maybe make it rhyme for a bonus, then that's pretty good. :yes:

And thanks m3l3ana. xD

No seriously, I can't write poems! I have never quite grasped the concept of writing a poem, with a meaning (get my drift). I was sort of ok at writing those word ones, with each letter having a sentance behind it (crap, what are they called?)