School

squidge15

here you can rant about school (but keep it on a sane level), how it's utterly horrible and boring and the only way you survive is because of your buds and lunchtime. you can also talk about school band, how good (or bad) your school's athletic teams are doing, so on.

my schedule this year is awful compared to last year's. i liked all my teachers last year. this year, i completely and utterly DESPISE my math teacher. he's horrible! i can't even see the board half the time. gah! :grrr:

my schedule this semester:

1st period- Printing Graphics 1- pretty fun class, just mess around w/ adobe in design, photoshop, and illustrator :yes:

2nd- Algebra 2 Honors- i. hate. this. class.

3rd- Biology Honors- not bad. the teacher's cool, and it's not that boring.

4th- Symphonic Band- at least i have my friends. i hate marching season.

my school's football (american, not soccer) team is 0-2. we lost to south last night by a field goal...*sigh*

wow that totally sucks. at least you dont have gym first period. freshman year (im a soph now) i had gym frst. my hair was RUINED every day!

check out MY schedule. and i had to drop Art I b/c i was taking AP european history:

1st:Honors Algebra II

2nd: AP European History

3rd: Study hall (yay)

4/5th: Honors US History I

6th: Lunch (yess)

7/8th: Honors Lit/Comp II

9/10th: Honors Chemistry (the HARDEST class in the school. *gulp*)

11th: gym (ick)

12th: French 3

yea. my school decided to do something new this year. have a weirdo arrangement of schedules. at least ill be w/ my friends (all the sophs have luch together)

you guys already started??? wow. what grade are you? our tennis team (im on it) is gonna be legendary this year. well, maybe not. but i like to think so.

wow that totally sucks. at least you dont have gym first period. freshman year (im a soph now) i had gym frst. my hair was RUINED every day!

check out MY schedule. and i had to drop Art I b/c i was taking AP european history:

1st:Honors Algebra II

2nd: AP European History

3rd: Study hall (yay)

4/5th: Honors US History I

6th: Lunch (yess)

7/8th: Honors Lit/Comp II

9/10th: Honors Chemistry (the HARDEST class in the school. *gulp*)

11th: gym (ick)

12th: French 3

yea. my school decided to do something new this year. have a weirdo arrangement of schedules. at least ill be w/ my friends (all the sophs have luch together)

you guys already started??? wow. what grade are you? our tennis team (im on it) is gonna be legendary this year. well, maybe not. but i like to think so.

i'm a sophmore this year. 2 (well, actually 3) years 'til senior year!

i had gym 2nd period last year when i was a freshman, but we only have to take gym once in high school. you have 12 periods?! wow...

my school's tennis team is ok, but HHS has an unbelievable soccer team. our football team isn't too bad either. they went pretty far into the playoffs a few years ago.

I have trimesters.

1st: Gemotry

2nd: World Geography

3rd: Biology

4th: German I

5th: Golf

The first three are actually sophmore courses, I'm a freshman. I think they' honors as well. And for golf we go to the Woodbridge golf course and it's more random pratice than a class.

Guest Teen_astronomer

1. Algebra II

2. Study Hall

3. CAD

4. Yearbook

5. Earth and Space Science

6. Health

7. English 10

Algebra II is a Junior class and I am a Sophomore

1st: Ap Chem

2nd: Ap Chem/AP US History

3rd: A.P.U.S.H.

4th: German IV (:sick01: I think German literature is worse than English and we've got Moby puppyblew)

5th: Dscrt Math (Pre Calc)

6th: Lunch

7/8 A Day: Phy Ed

7/8 B Day: Study Hall

9th: Brit Lit

10th: Hon. Physics

We have A & B days with every other day being the other one. (It's just so we can have 104 min classes instead of 50 min). Also AP classes run every day for 52 minutes.

So I beat you in hardness and complexity of schedules! But, actually I'm a junior so it's to be expected.

Edit:

"Moby puppyblew" --- ROFL

Here we go,big list.

This is a fortnightly schedule,okay?

Abbreviations: SOS-Social Science SCI-Science MAT-Math HPE-Physical Education and Health FRE-Frenceh ENG-English THM-Hard Materials Tech MUS-Music

Day1-SCI<THM<ENG<FRE<HPE

Day2-SOS<MAT<SCI<THM<HPE

Day3-MUS<SOS<MAT<ENG<THM

Day4-FRE<MUS<SOS<MAT<ENG

Day5-THM<FRE<MUS<MAT<SCI

Day6-SCI<THM<ENG<FRE<MUS

Day7-SOS<MAT<ENG<THM<HPE

Day8-MUS<SOS<MAT<ENG<THM

Day9-FRE<HPE<SOS<SCI<ENG

Day10-HPE<FRE<MUS<MAT<SCI

And then it reverts to day 1.

I'm a senior now and seniors only take 4 subjects instead of the usual 5 meaning we get 6 free periods/classes a week.

But I only get 2 because the other 4 I have to spend doing art work... why did I take art?!!

This means I'm feeling under pressure to do more other subject's work at home since I can't do it in my free periods.

Blaaaah!!

I have to take a bus to one school, then go on another bus to my school. It's the same on the way home too. My classes are okish this year...my school starts tomorrow....

We have A and B days, so I get to do some different things each day.

I have to take a bus to own school, then go on another bus to my school. It's the same on the way home too. My classes are okish this year...my school starts tomorrow....

We have A and B days, so I get to do some different things each day.

I also have A and B days and my school year starts tomorrow... *sigh*

Hmm. Our school is making classes longer each year. 2 years ago, I had 8 classes a day, but now I only have six, which means that classes are 75 minutes long. Some, like Algebra I, Band, Chorus, and Language Arts, go by in a heartbeat. Some, like Georgia History and Science, seem like they take hooooours. I am just glad that we don't have like 12 classes a day. That would just get too confusing, and I'm not very coordinated already.....

Are these all American words? Like honours or something. I live in Wales, and It's totally different to you guys...

We have a 10 day timetable, and each day has six lessons, each one about 50 minutes long...

The subjects I'm doing at the moment are Music , Geography, Religious Education and French. We have to do Welsh, English, Maths and Science...

And I have one PE lesson a week, and I also do an extra subject, cause of something messed up, but that another story... :)

We have 12 science lessons in 2 weeks... Including about 4 doules...

Yeah...

Note to rebsigetsl:

Honor classes are advanced classes.

I have an A week and B week schedule.

A Week:

Science

English

(Break)

Math

Foriegn Language

Elective

Lunch

History

P.E.

Study Hall

B Week:

Math

Science

(Break)

Foriegn Language

History

Elective

Lunch

English

P.E.

Study Hall

Lucky me, I have study hall last, so I can do all my homework. :)

Gym is evil.

I like trimesters. But my school and one other High School and the only ones in the district with them. The other have A B days. SO, we might next year as well. I think it'll be decided by which school has the highest standerized testing score and it'll that school's secdual all of the High Schools go to.

We just got creamed in our first football game yesterday

Today coaches were so mad they just made us run 10 laps around our track :grrr:

I'm glad that NZ ain't as harsh as the US.

do you mean in school or football?

our coaches at school get pretty riled up whenever defense allows the other team to score a touchdown. you can hear the coach screaming even when you sit way up in the stands. my school's varsity football lost the first 2 home games, record 1-3. JV, on the other hand, is 4-0. big difference.

oh, and i'm switching out of my algebra 2 honors cause my teacher's a turd and can't teach squat. :grrr: we had 28 people in the class to start with. now it's down to 15. by tuesday it should be down to 12 since 2 of my friends and i are dropping out. we're failing. badly.

In my school, they pile on english, food and product design coursework the year before GCSEs.

We had to bleep-tests... I was third out.

A bleep-test is a test of stamina that is carried out by running between two set points in a limited space of time... This can lead to dizziness, fainting and falling over in a pile in the corner.