didn't get accepted into imsa

ffchild

If you don't like in the Chicago area, you probably never heard of it, but there's this school called IMSA I really wanted to get into. And when I was expecting my acceptance letter yesterday...I just got...some crappy letter explaining about "oh sorry, but there's lots of competition" and "we have hope for your future" and something about your "destiny" and all that weird stuff..

so...yah...

Ewh, rejection sucks. But ya know what? It means you can get back out there and show them that they made a mistake by not accepting you. Good luck in the future. ;)

Things happen. Sometimes the slots get filled up, or maybe people simply don't get a good impression of you. I know how you feel. I wish you the best of luck, however things turn out. :yes:

Is that the Illinois Math and Science Academy?

I'm sorry you didn't get in... I read that they were very competitive.

Congratualtions for putting in the effort though! If you keep working hard, I bet you'll succeed. :)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry too much about which school you get into. For the most part, future employers don't really look at the school name (unless it's universal, like Princeton, Yale or Harvard). That was the advice I got from my Education Teacher when she was talking about transferring to a 4-year college.

@ markofeternity - This school is actually a high school though. But, you're right - it's nothing to really worry about, it was just a good opportunity since that is the best high school in Illinois. I pretty much gotten over it by now, and my high school is already good anyway. I'm glad a lot of people supported me when I was very disappointed though. -_-

@ Nikki - Thanks!