Green Ranaka Bead

m3l3ana

So I found this on the floor today through a SHH. I looked on the trading post and saw it was worth around 800k, but I also read somewhere that you can use it for your Talisman. Can some please explain to me what a Talisman is and whether it is worth selling or keeping?

The following is copied from TDN's help article on Lutari Island:

Lutari Talisman

As I said earlier, you get a bead when you sign up for NM. They come in 5 styles, and 4 colors, making 20 beads in all. They are;

Red/Green/Blue/Yellow: Matu, Oranu, Ranaka, Urapa and Tongi.

You also get beads for referring people to NM. When they download the app, you both will get a bead. If you refer enough people, you'll start getting extra beads. you can sell these for 200-300k a piece. Beads appear in your inventory. Once you put your bead on the talisman, you can't take it off.

What do they do? Well, they do a lot of things. They can increase random events, boost your score in games, and even lower prices in shops scattered around Neopia (not player run shops). The number of beads you have amounts to how often the talisman helps you. Please don't create multiple accounts to get beads! you'll get your account frozen! :(

If you want to know more about the beads an the talisman, try Googling "neopets lutari island help". There are some great sites that offer a bit more insight into this.

And I looked at a few other help sites and they don't mention that you have to be a mobile member in order to use the talisman. So guess its up to you to decide, 800k or increased luck. Though if you only have one bead, I wonder how often it ends up helping?

I would reccomend selling it unless you have two or more beads. One bead does not affect your luck too much, maybe 1 more random event monthly and 1 game reward bonus 100 games. Not really worth it.

@crxsnochic-- You do not need to be a mobile member.

So it is better to sell them? Cause I take it it is not very often you get a RE or SHH to give you one of these beads and I take it all of them cost lots of neopoints.

Well unless you have the NP and have set collecting a set of talisman beads as a goal on Neopets, you should probably go ahead and sell it. :yes: It's really up to you though.

I found a bead through a random event last year on Lutari Day... and I kept it, but not in my talisman. So I still have the bead :).

Actually, whether you should keep them or sell them is an exact science. See my Formula below. Don't ask me how I came up with it. I can't remember. BV=Bead Value R,Y,G,B=Red, yellow, etc.

If BV<=215,000 NP AND R OR G OR B, then keep.

IF Y AND NOT ORANU, then keep.

IF Y AND ORANU AND BV>415,000, then sell.

ELSE, sell.

^^^^ You will be glad to know that you have just completely confused me!! I think I may keep it for now, see what happens in the future :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.