Apostrophes

als

Yes, everybody noticed that problem. Also, they are not always blocked. I think TNT would like to see their members become more literate ;). Just kidding! We all hope it will be fixed soon.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Xepha).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help to Neopets Help.

For grammar freaks like me, this is unbearably annoying, to the point where I don't really do posting on guild boards much. :(

It can get pretty annoying. A way to remedy the problem is to train yourself to use this thing ` (beside your 1 button, at the top of the keyboard) instead of an apostrophe. Then your posts won't be blocked, and you can use contractions freely and legibly. :)

Torridity, that's a great idea! I think what I'll do instead, though, is type the `, copy it and than just do ctrl + v each time I want it (my left pinky doesn't work too well).

Well I actually use that key for some coding marks, so it's probably not a good idea to train myself to use it... meh, if it stops me having to twist my grammar, then it's worth it.

I use for some custom Linux terminal commands. :yes: I guess I really shouldn't, but it was the most convenient key available.

Well I suppose it's not a 100% occurrence (I remember being able to post apostrophes once or twice), but that just makes it all the weirder...

TNT has known about it for quite some time now (I think it's actually been mentioned in an editorial, although I'm not sure). They just haven't gotten around to fixing it.