Forum time quirks?

Guest Levy

Guest Levy

Every so often I will look down and see the forum time behind an hour, then I goto a new page and it is fine. I don't know if I am the only one experiencing these.

Guest Levy
I am also experiencing this problem, so it isn't a figment of your imagination playing tricks on you Levy.

Yay! I'm not crazy! I can't wait to tell the voices in my head! ^w^

I haven't noticed this myself yet, but then I rarely use the forums clock since the trouble we had with it before. :P I guess this is a server-side problem that Ian will get ironed out quickly. :yes:

Well, on the right bottom corner of my computer is the time, so I can easily tell if the time is wrong or not. I just wonder if all the time of the posts on the current page your viewing is wrong, or just your post? I can't really tell what time other people posted if it was like posted yesterday or something.

The post times just correct themselves whenever the server adjusts its time (or however it works). Cause my last post on this thread I posted at 11:05 pm my time, but the forum clock and the post time said 10:05 pm. But now the clock is at the right time, and that post says it was at 11:05 pm (like it actually was.) Kinda strange. I almost wish this hadn't been pointed out though... I can't stop looking at the forum clock to see if its right or not, before I don't think I even knew it was there! :P

I believe that all the times on the forums, including the time for each post and the clock at the bottom, are generated at the forum server and loaded by your browser along with the rest of the page each time you view a thread. So if there's a problem with the server's clock, then it will cause problems on the forums, but if the problem corrects itself at the server, then everything will be all right again. :yes:

At least, that's how I think it works...

• 1 month later...

Our forums are set to Pacific Time. I have mine set to Pacific time and I have no problems viewing the correct times of posts and other things. Make sure your settings are correct in your User Panel and if the clock is an hour out, consider enabling DST correction.

Topic closed!