Forums back and operational!

Ian

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that every single person that has an Internet connection on planet earth can access our forums again. :) Sorry for all of the trouble... it was a big mess but it's all been fixed.

Enjoy and keep postin' away!

Ian

YAY!!! Welcome everyone ... back ... to TDN!!! Let get busy :)

AA is back.. Go look at all the posts I think he has posted about 75 times since being back!

AA is a mechanical poster. I managed 82 one day, just posted for hours on end. I wish I had enough time to be as active as I was before! Hopefully the forums will become more active with everyone's DNS fixed. Thanks Ian!

=Cameron=

AA posts around 40 post a day.. well normally and that is when I have looked at the top 20 posters, but you must not forget he hasn't been on the Forums for a couple of weeks, so he has a lot to catch up on.

Probably, well it wouldn't surprise me if he has!!

Ok on topic... (although I am slightly confused as to why your posts have been reported to the mods)...

Anyways.. Thanks Ian and everyone who helped out!! It's great having the Forums back to normal (well as normal as can be :P)

I hope we don't have to move to a new server or experience more problems.

I think my posts were off-topic, but then so were yours and they weren't reported...I think someone has a grudge on me! :eh:

I'm glad to see that the problems are fixed and everybody is able to come back. It was pretty hard not to be able to come on for nearly a week, but I got over it pretty quickly.

Still, good job to whoever fixed the problem (if anyone fixed the problem) :D

I didn't really experience any problems logging on the forums, but with so many people gone it made for much slower topic advancement. It was depressing to click on 'view new posts' and only have about 10 threads come up! (one time there were only 3 :( ) Welcome back everyone and congrats to the completion of the server move!

It's nice to hear that I was missed. :yes: Well I'm back in action and posting on most of the topics that I've missed. :P

@crxsnochic: 10 new threads posted on isn't really that bad compared with some of the times the forums have been through. I remember a period when there were only about 20-30 total posts a day (and mostly on the same topics).

Yeah we know but since I have been on there are about 100 posts a day and if the main posters go offline the topics seem to advance much slower!!

Well my presence might be rather intermittent due to my assignment load, so don't rely on me so much - I'll still be here though, don't worry. :evil:

Me too, I also have a lot of exams and assignments coming up. Plus, I've been playing GTA IV as well as having a really bad internet connection lately, which accounts for recent inactivity.

But, back on topic, let's hope we never have DNS problems again! I'm also glad the forums are recovering/recovered from it's inactive period.

I've actually figured out a way to manually edit my DNS's cache file, so hopefully I'll be able to resolve any DNS problems more quickly next time. :yes:

Its feels so great that the forum is now back and operational, now I can access it from the computers in my school as last time when I access it throught the computers in my school, it always say that the forum is doing some sort of server shift. Now I can access it from school and play some games when I'm bored ^_^

Well if it feels great for you, imagine how it feels for the person who was devastated when the forums were down for only two days (or was it three?). :P

And just who may that be? I think it was 2 days...or was it 2 weeks? :eh:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I almost forgot to mention that I've actually noticed a visible performance improvement in pageload time on the forums, despite my pathetic internet connection. So yeah, the new server rocks, at least for me. b)