Random Events

TheUnknown

So, for a while, I've been getting very few random events, all of which are useless (like you found 23 NP or you see ??? running towards the concert hall!).

My friend on the other hand, donated 5000 NP to the money tree, and even since then, won codestones from Tombola EVERY day, and nearly every Random event, which occurs often for him, is rewarding him with codestones as well! :O

Does donating to the money tree actually do anything? Or is he just extremely lucky? -_-

I have heard rumors that donating does increase your chances of getting more random events however, I can't confirm that... heres hoping that someone will come online who knows more than me :)

I have heard rumors that donating does increase your chances of getting more random events however, I can't confirm that... heres hoping that someone will come online who knows more than me :)

Nope, it's just that: a rumor. I believe TNT themselves have stated that donating to the Money Tree, while a nice thing to do (unless you're just unloading all those Rotten Left Shoes, I suppose o_O ), has no impact on your luck at random events -- apparently, there is no karma in Neopets. ;) I've heard many, many claims that Player X's luck improved after donating; in some cases the person is out-and-out lying for one reason or another. In others the person really did have better luck after donating; but even if it's true, there's no evidence that there's actually a causal relationship between donating and better RE's (just because two things occur together doesn't mean one caused the other...sorry, it's the science major in me. :P)

Random events are, well, random; sometimes I go for weeks without seeing one at all (and even longer before I see a good one) and other times I get something ridiculous like 2 Space Faerie quests in the same week. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing that has been definitely confirmed to affect random events is the Birthday Sidebar (which everyone gets on their birthday and on Neopets' birthday). I've also heard that one of the beads that goes on the Lutari Talisman increases their frequency, but last I knew it didn't make enough difference for people to be sure.

Hmmm... well that clears that one up then *wipes hands*

Also, viewing more pages on Neopets increase the chances of getting a RE simply because you are more there... People who are playing browser games (like Neoquest 1 and 2) or restocking their shop are getting more REs because the probability of getting them is higher.

I doubt TNT would ever reveal the entire workings of their random event system, so we can't really be sure about whether or not certain factors increase the chance of getting random events on each page load (the only confirmed one is the Birthday Sidebar, as mentioned earlier).

I've never heard of any confirmed cases of the Money Tree increasing a person's luck though...