The Neopian Stock Market

DOOM Bringer

The Neopian Stock Market is a great way to earn neopoints and it is quite simple to learn. Once you've got the hang of what to do, the neopoints should slowly start to roll in. So I decided to make this discussion topic about the Neopian Stock Market. What stock did you buy today? How's your port going? Any market predictions? Do you need help with the Stock Market? Discuss these here.

So I guess I'll kick things off. Today I bought 1k stocks of Nakron (Nakr) and my port is currently: 112,000 1,683,000 1,840,000 +9.33%

Enjoy!

Qty 107,750

Paid 1,616,500

Mkt Value 1,748,150

% Change +8.14%

I bought 1k of AAVL - A couple of the stocks was down at 15 a share and the reason why i chose AAVL was that i the other day got the alien aisha avatar.

Edit my TNAH stock has a +20%

My stocks where up at over +10%, but right now it's at -17.88% and it suuuuuuucks! I'm very new at this, I've only started bying stocks 2-3 weeks ago.

It is SO BAD because a few days ago SWNC was at 45 which made the stocks I have over three times more valuable than when I bought them, but I didn't check my stocks that day, and when I did they where down to 35, and now they're at 23 *argh!*

One needs to be very patient when its about the stockmarket - like it say in the stockmarket tutorial, that its not a fast way to earn neopoints. To be honest i dont know a thing about the stockmarket - i just buy 1k of what ever is labeled to 15np a share lol.

Today I bought 1k of SKEI.

QT: 20,000

PAID: 300,000

VALUE: 284,000

% CHANGE: -5.33%

Since I start back on a new account, I didn't sell any shares... I never sell under 200% profit (but I really prefer to wait until it goes over 300%).

I haven't bought stocks for quick profit, more an experiment. I have shares in at least 10 different companies, and the max I have in each is 500 shares. I have NO clue what I'm doing, I've bought low and just hope they'll go up at some point. I've got a total of 5000 shares and I'm not planning on bying any more.

I did just buy 500 SWNC and HELT shares, simply because I know they can go high and right now they're low, especially SWNC. But it's not a daily thing, I just do it if it looks good when I check them =)

I bought 1k of NATN today which puts me up to 113,000 stocks.

I was keeping an eye on TNPT, but it seems it's lost 10 today and has gone back down to 41

I just started participating in the stock market again a few days ago. I used to buy stocks every now and then, but then I stopped for a long time and when I finally checked back in on my stocks I didn't have any. I guess they went bankrupt or something (if they can even do that) or perhaps I had sold them at some point and had just forgot about it, not sure. Today I bought 1000 shares in EEEEE. I currently have 2666 stocks bought at 40,390 and worth 41,722

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, stocks can go bankrupt as a matter of fact. :yes:

I haven't bought any stocks today, but my current portfolio stands at about 28,000 shares. Now I just have to wait for one of them to go up. :P

Patience is the key to the stock market.

• 2 weeks later...

I went and looked at the Stocks again a few weeks ago, and it's clear which one is doing best: POWR. But it's SO high up, you can't buy a lot of it without already being insanely rich. 10 stocks will currently costs you 6120 NP!

So I bought 1 stock about a week ago when it was at 588 per stock. This way, I can keep an eye on it, and if it goes down, I can go in and buy a few more.

Also, I am waiting for my Stocks in BOTT, LUPE and VPTS to go up to the price I paid for them.. Those have only gone DOWN, so I want to get rid of them, but they never go up! It's so frustrating *grrr* LUPE is only 300 NP below bying price right now, so I think I better sell before it goes down again.

Unless you are an expert day trader, POWR is hardly a good choice of stock since it very rarely comes within buying range. :P And you should never really get rid of stocks even if they go down for a while - patience is the key to the stock market. Wait long enough and the value of a stock is sure to go up eventually (unless the company goes bankrupt).

I'd rather get rid of BOTT, LUPE and VPTS and keep buying the ones I know do better in a more regular way =)

And I just bought the one POWR stock so I could keep an eye on the price ;)

Well if you're just starting out, then your buying range will probably be 15-17 NP per share, but as you get to know the market patterns better you should start setting your own buying ranges.