The Game

Parshy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, but it was on the news.

It was soooo adorable! But soon it'll turn into those savage monsters....<_<

Not exactly 'monsters' but giant animals who lie in mud and run extremely fast....*shudders at the thought of getting hunted*

Yes, the GeoCities ads got really annoying (they even messed up IE's CSS rendering). <_< Our new host is much better. :yes:

You might want to check the site again by the way - there are a couple of updates.

Yes, the GeoCities ads got really annoying (they even messed up IE's CSS rendering). <_< Our new host is much better. :yes:

You might want to check the site again by the way - there are a couple of updates.

YAY! I had to put in all of my info twice, the first one rejected my email, the second one accepted it...

♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

*dances to 'Redneck Woman' by Gretchen Wilson*

Rule 1: You can never win the game.

Rule 2: You lose the game whenever you remember that you're actually playing.

Rule 3: You have 30 minutes to forget that you're playing before you can lose again.

DARN YOU! i lose to rule 2... D:

See you to-marrow once i've forgotten! *dances away*

♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Hey... hey guys. *grins wickedly*

...I lost the game.

HA HA AND SO DID ALL OF YOU!

Someone in anime club at my school did that, ticked everyone off. You shoudl've heard us, we were practically rioting.

I lost the game. Aw man, I was doing good till I saw this... I actually only started today. xD

oh, sorry, I only became aware I was playing today. See, here one of the rules is if someone doesn't know you must tell them, so when my friend Ethan said he lost and realized I didn't know, he had to tell me. xD And he lost beacuse another friend in the class before left a note on the board. xD

Oh. This thread is tricky! Here I was just looking for people who wanted Neopets advice, and then I ended up losing The Game because I saw this thread's title in the list of recent posts. :crying:

Now each time I go to TDN, I will think about losing, and then I will lose The Game again. :S

Oh well. Neopets is far more important than The Game. I don't care. ^_^

o_O What are all you guys talking about?

The Game is a mind game. There are three main rules to The Game:

1. You are always playing The Game.

2. Whenever you think about The Game, you lose.

3. Each time you lose, you must announce it.

In other words, the objective is to forget about The Game. If you are reminded of it, then you lose.

Players have a grace period when they lose. In this thread, the period is 30 minutes. Those who lose don't have to announce any further losses for a set amount of time (30 minutes in this case; among my friends it's a few days). You have that amount of time to forget about losing The Game and to forget about The Game. If you fail (that is, if you're still thinking about your loss and The Game when your grace period is over, then you have lost The Game again).

Some people are creative. They have found ways to not think about The Game but have found ways to make others lose. If you live in a college dorm where there are other people who play The Game, then you can put up a poster of any of the movies or musicians that have "The Game" in the name.

Some radio personalities announce their losses over the air, thus causing all of their listeners to lose The Game too.

This TDN Forum thread causes me to lose each time I see it.

I just lost.

NOTE: The Game must be played with style and elegance. It is considered bad (poor taste) to put "The Game" in your signature for example. The Game should only be limited to whatever subforum it is being played at and should not be allowed to creep into other subforums. Many other forums have banned The Game or any mention of it.