Scratchcard Solutions

Mr. Sirius

There used to be a website back in 2001 when I first started that had the solutions to each scratchcard.

For instance, if the scratchcard is like:

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

Race to Riches Scratchcard will have always these following combinations:

1) 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and any one of 2, 4, 6, or 8.

2) 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and any one of 1, 3, 7, or 9.

There were two others that I don't remember.

There were also three kinds on Terror Trove, and I recall one of them.

Is there some kind of guide like that now?

I doubt there is, but I kind of miss it.

Well I tried a couple of Google searches to see if I could find it, but no luck so far. :(

As I understand it, Neopets revamped their scratchcard system a few years back. I don't know how it was before, I only know about the revamp and how it is now. Any scratchcards done through PHP are completely random. They have percentage likelihoods built in depending on the type of scratchcard you get (Terror Trove, Race to Riches, etc.) and a computer randomizer kicks back an answer to your query whenever you click a spot. Total randomness, unless you're a supercomputer or some sort of whacked genius with way too much brain power. >.> There's noboby like that here, right? 'Cause I totally meant whacked in a good way! LOL.

Now, as for the Lost Desert Scratchcards, they're fixed when you buy one. Each spot has a designated picture beneath it. This is simply the nature of Flash, I believe. But I believe it's all randomly decided when the Flash is generated. Which means it's at least partially random. You can't know ahead of time what's going to load, but once it does, that's it. There's no hoping for that third JP, 'cause it just isn't on the board. Maybe, possibly, there could be a way to figure out what's under the tiles before you reveal them, but I don't know of any. Hope that answers some questions...

TCD

There are a few super smart people of the forums... Calling all super smart, genuis people... come have a crack at this!!

As I understand it, Neopets revamped their scratchcard system a few years back. I don't know how it was before, I only know about the revamp and how it is now. Any scratchcards done through PHP are completely random. They have percentage likelihoods built in depending on the type of scratchcard you get (Terror Trove, Race to Riches, etc.) and a computer randomizer kicks back an answer to your query whenever you click a spot. Total randomness, unless you're a supercomputer or some sort of whacked genius with way too much brain power. >.> There's noboby like that here, right? 'Cause I totally meant whacked in a good way! LOL.

Now, as for the Lost Desert Scratchcards, they're fixed when you buy one. Each spot has a designated picture beneath it. This is simply the nature of Flash, I believe. But I believe it's all randomly decided when the Flash is generated. Which means it's at least partially random. You can't know ahead of time what's going to load, but once it does, that's it. There's no hoping for that third JP, 'cause it just isn't on the board. Maybe, possibly, there could be a way to figure out what's under the tiles before you reveal them, but I don't know of any. Hope that answers some questions...

TCD

I doubt that. I have scratched enough scratchcards to know that there are at least six types of the Race to Riches scratchcard (6 types being each type always has the same under each scratchable item... [Ex: One of the types has 5,000 in the middle, 2,500 on the bottom left, 10,000 on the top right, and blanks on the other two diagonals. The one I scratched every time this happened was the middle left, so I always got a snowball. I've gotten that 8 times.]

Edit:

I remember about the website that it looked very amateurish and almost spam-like.

It was on a free webpage if I recall correctly, and the words for the solutions were something like "The pictures shown are not all the possible solutions. Rotating them 90, 180, and 270 will give you all of them."

And then it gave Race to Riches (4 of them), Terror Trove (3 of them), Faerie's Fortune (6 of them), Peak O Plenty (2 of them), and Icetravaganza (underneath it said the same solutions as Race to Riches).

The three I remember are as follows:

R2R - Corners, Middle, and one of the remaining 4.

R2R - One of the corners, and the remaining 5.

TT - Chevron Shaped (<<), facing either North, South, East, or West.

I also recall one of them had a solution of the middle row or column and one row or column beside it, but I don't remember which scratchcard it belonged to.

Edit2:

There is a way to find out what the tiles are in the Flash Scratchcard, but I think its cheating.

It apparently involves saving the flash file (or the web page) to the desktop. Some cheaters might even go so far as to change the number of scratchable tiles to 9.

- PPT is informing me that there's a legal way to check, and that's by checking the source code and "searching" for the word "Prize". Apparently, 2 = a losing card no matter what, while 4 = a winning card no matter what.

Edit3:

By the way, the Rotting Riches picture in the Scratchcard Article has the wrong icons on it.

here's a way on how to know if you're going to get a prize or not from the lost desert scratchcard:

1. When you're on the page to scratch the card, view the page source.

2. The press CTRL+F and type in the word prize.

3. Then press enter 2 times.

4. If you're going to win a prize, it should say this:

%22%3EClick+Here+to+claim+your+prize%21%3C%2

its not a cheat actually but its quite fun to know if you're going to win or not even before you scratch the card.

That's a handy trick. :yes:

And in theory, there are quite a few ways in which you could crack the scratchcard system, but those are all illegal so I won't talk any more about them.

there are quite a few ways in which you could crack the scratchcard system, but those are all illegal so I won't talk any more about them.

Thats one thing, but in my opinion that ruins the fun with the whole idea with scratchcards.

I buy almost all daily scratchcard, because of the fun of it :)

I don't buy scratchcards often, as I'm not really one to gamble. :P

And I agree that cheating would take the fun out of the whole thing. :yes:

I spend around 7½k to about 20k each day on scratchcards :) And usually i win about the same amount. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less and then there are those days where i dosent win at all lol ;)

I generally use what mr sirius has written in the first post.

I used to get Scratchcards everyday, but then one day I realized that I was mostly just wasting my time and I stopped.

As for the Scratchcard Code, I don't know anything about it, but perhaps Dan Brown could write a book about it? [/lamejoke]