APRIL FOOLS AND WELCOME TO Y3

Ian

Woohoo! Nice work TDN! I love the new Y3 layout, you staffers have done an awesome job.

TDN= Best Neopets website EVER! The new layout only improved it's uberness. :P

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Wow, I just came on now and noticed the awesome transformation. I've been browsing a bit, and this is my review (I'll keep it short):

Navigation and content listings - everything is now better organized, and you can easily see all content links on one page, which is much easier to navigate through given they are now organized by alphabetical order. The 3 sections, while not being new to Y3, are a continuously good addition, so I'll rate this 9/10.

Breadcrumbs - Ah, yes. Finally TDN have entered the great world of breadcrumbs (no, not those you eat!). You see, it makes navigation much easier because, as you said, you can just click on 'Helpful Articles' to go back to the index. If Neopets implemented this in their website, it would make things much simpler, given their massive content. I'll obviously give the maximum score here, 10/10. Congratulations on a unique feature!

tdnAccounts - These were originally introduced in the Battlepedia, and since then, I noticed that it would be much easier to provide features to one user using their accounts than just not having them at all. It made sense to implement these in the main site, and NeoAvatars is obviously one to take advantage of these, since each user can quickly manage their avatar checklist. Still, some work has to be done over time (since, for example, the Control Panel on the home page just leads to nowhere), but I'm sure TDN will work on it over time, so I'll rate this 9/10.

NeoAvatars - Yes, a great feature that arrives on TDN, resembling very closely AvatarLog, which I have used for years now and I felt that TDN's avatar solutions weren't up to scratch compared with some parts of the site (like the Battlepedia, for example). However, now NA were introduced, I'll start to use those and I was extremely happy with the great "One Click Add Avatars" feature. Still, a lot of work has to be done, as NeoAvs can easily beat AvLog if we implement a font saver, for example. :) A link to the home page would be nice as well instead of having to click back on our browser, which can be tedious if we have browsed a lot. 8/10 here.

New Content - Ok, I can't rate this because I can't seem to find the new pages of content. Instead of making it a surprise, you could bring back the 'Recent Articles' section and then we'd know what the new pages of content were. However, as all this came as a surprise, I understand perfectly that we have to find it by ourselves. The search on the home page doesn't work either, probably for this reason too, or maybe it still has to be updated to search through the new content layout.

Altador Constellation Finder - Although I have finished the Altador Plot way over a year ago, I still see many people asking for constellation finders, providing that some are still trying to complete it. In fact, a friend of mine asked me if a one was still up, and I had to search for 15 minutes on Google before finding a decent one (one that showed all 12 constellations). However, now I just direct people toward TDN's const. finder, and its much easier for both of us. :) Congratulations on this great feature. 10/10, naturally.

Resuming, TDN Y3 brought many new features to our users. NeoAvatars, more and better integration of tdnAccounts, superb and spiffy Web 2.0 layout, more content, you name it. Some work still has to be done, but with these many features, can I really still deny that TDN is the best Neopets help site on the Web?

Final Score (not an average): 9.5/10.

I would also like to thank Ian and the rest of the team which helped him on paving the path to Y3. You guys have worked really hard, and this is the result of your great work and effort. Thanks!

Why there is another login in the site? And why I can't login whit this acc?

The login on the website is for your tdnAccount. :yes: It was previously integrated into the TDN Battlepedia, but was integrated into the main site with the new layout.

I especially like the clean, simple look on the new layout and the efficient navigation (although I can't seem to find the new articles either). A big cheer for the TDN Staff (Ian especially)!!! :D :jerrypteri:

At the moment the one thing I'd really like would be RSS feeds for the separate departments - but what possessed Jerry to start dressing as a wizard? o_O

Wow the new layout is really cool :laughingsmiley:

Congratulation TDN for this new layout, it's really nice and spiffy. I love the "Neopia today" and "Dailies" buttons. :laughingsmiley:

I'd like to add a few little things...

Navigation and content listings - In the article section, I organised the content differently. Some articles are now in new categories to help you finding what you are looking for. We also add little pictures to represent each section :P. In the game section, everything is alphabetised, so all you have to do is to find the game you are looking for in the content index page. No more categories because it was confusing and Neopets are always putting their games in more than one category. In plot coverage, we have 3 sections so you can easily see if there is a new plot in action or browse our archivated content. Previously, plot summaries were showing in the articles section but it makes more sense to have them with plots. Of course, you will have to get used of everything!

tdnAccounts - I just love tdnAccounts! I'm always thinking of new features for them, so watch out! I'll put Ian to work :P

Neo Avatars - Many things are planned for Neo Avatars as well... It will be quite awesome ;D

New Content - Okay, here is a list of new content :

More content is coming soon ;)

Thank you for all your comments! I'm glad you enjoy our new site version!

Guest Sloth Von Karma
The need avatars page has a little problem.. When I get the avatar it still shows the X not a green check..

You need to manually check it, it won't update automatically. :)

Wow - I'm really starting to love the breadcrumbs feature. :yes:

But does anybody have an answer to my question concerning Jerry?

Well I've been using the new layout for a while now, and my only gripe about the main site itself is that the clock has disappeared. :P