The Neopets Team

m3l3ana

I mentioned that before, they are hiring more staff. There are also more positions available, that are not registered on the neopets employment section, but it tells you where to go.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got an adblocker running for neopets in the last week, as I couldn't play the games anymore (try playing something like Ice Cream Machine when it's lagging - impossible). I wasn't aware of it being banned on other pages (eek!).I'm making a neohome so I use the shop wizard quite a bit. I've just gone and switched it off for the shop wizard page. How is it possible to switch it off for every user's shop you may purchase from - seeing as you actually seem to have to open the page to switch it off? I'm willing to do that but is there a chance of getting frozen by just going to the page then switching it off for that page. I may visit up to 20 different user's shops in a day. Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you really in peril to get frozen when using adblock in shops? I didn't know what, I thinked that you are not allowed to block pictures of uninteresting objects (only seeing profitable objects). But my understanding of English is sometimes weird. :evo:

With ads, the pages load very slowly, and that makes RS impossible! Can somebody clarifies this please?

According to a site I just checked, using Adblock to stop the ads on any page is perfectly fine. It's only using it to block the images of all the unprofitable items when restocking at the automatic Neopets shops (not the user-owned ones) that is forbidden. :yes:

Thank you AA, that makes things more clear in my little Belgian brain. :D

if you got frozen unfairly just contact them. i did it and got unfrozen :D

Many people have tried unsecessfuly, you were one of the lucky ones.

I believe Metroid was also lucky enough to get a (relatively) quick unfreezing as well. :yes:

Unfortunately, when I use Firefox, Neopets seems to... glitch. I know it must have something to do with my specific computer/configuration/etc., but I still haven't figured out a way to fix it. Therefore I'm forced to use the dreaded IE. Does anyone know of a (functional) ad-blocking program for IE? (I know this is kind of off-topic, I'm sorry. But there seem to be a few people who employ them posting on this thread.) Since it appears only blocking images of non-profitable items is the problem, not blocking ads, I'd be more than willing to give an ad-blocker a go!

TCD

Check out this article. I can't provide further help to you as I'm a proud Apple Mac user ;p.

As for TNT and unfreezing people, I'm still waiting for a human to reply to my inquiry. Most of the time, unfreezing is a long process, unless you are really lucky and they recognize they made a mistake by freezing you... but most of the time, they will just send you a premade message saying they have evidences against you and blabla.

Unfortunately, when I use Firefox, Neopets seems to... glitch. I know it must have something to do with my specific computer/configuration/etc., but I still haven't figured out a way to fix it.

o_O You mean you encounter glitches on Firefox, but not IE? Try clearing Firefox's cache and see if that helps. :yes:

I know, it boggled my mind too that it was Firefox that glitched, not IE. I suspect (heavily) that it has something to do with Vista's permissions for Firefox. Vista + Firefox = Angry cat fight of doom. IE, on the other hand, is fully supported by Vista. Firefox is almost always more stable than IE, so this is all I can think of. Unfortunately, there are some components of my computer that require Vista to function properly, so I can't switch to Linux as was my original plan. >.<;;; Grrr. I've tried clearing Firefox's cache, changing my Internet settings, even disabling the User Account Control. Nothing works. *hits. head. on. desk.*

EDIT: Wow, spelling. >.<;;;

I apologize, that was off-topic. I was replying to an earlier comment in this thread, and didn't really think about my reply before I posted it. As to TNT? They need more people (which it seems they're at least attempting to get, so bully for them) and the people upstairs need to realize that any truly good business is not just about the dollars and cents. Neopets.com gets multiple millions of hits each hour from people all over the globe. I don't think they're losing money on this venture; in fact, between the ad revenue and the merchandise, I think they probably make a killing. I don't know this for a fact, but I do know there are millions of users on Neopets, and a good number of them go to multiple pages in a day. That's a lot of people, and a lot of click-throughs. We won't even go into the plushies! LOL (They so cuuuuute!) So I think they can afford to pay some poor schmucks minimum wage to wade through the multitudes of email, not just send off a premade response. Just my humble opinion.

TCD

Agreed on that, but you have to remember that Neopets is being run by a big company now, and all they really care about is squeezing every last bit of profit out of a venture. I doubt they'd really care if Neopets ends up as crap, and the only reason the let TNT work on the site enhancements and everything is so that they can keep attracting users and making money from them. :yes:

@TCD: You could always install Linux on your computer and dual-boot so that you can use Vista when you need it and Linux otherwise. :D

Hmm... most major Linux distributions should have an installer that sets up the dual-boot for you (I know that Ubuntu and openSUSE both do), so there's really not much need for technical knowledge beyond following basic instructions. :yes: Just remember to back up your important files just in case.

Back on topic: over the years I have learned to appreciate just what a wonderful tool Adblock Plus is. :thumbsup: However, not every computer I use has Firefox installed (and it's impolite to install software on other people's computers without permission) so the ads do end up seriously annoying me. Not to mention the severely irritating rearrangement of the games room...

:offtopic: I think we should change this topic to 'Discuss Everything You Dislike About Neopets' no one seems to be keeping this on topic, really! Meh.. not like I really care :P

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put, Viacom wants profit, a lot of which it gets from the ads. Of course, their current ad load is severely over-bloated. <_<

Try using the Adblock Plus extension with Firefox if you really want to get rid of the ads. :yes:

• 2 months later...

I haven't got a warning in 4 years. I just don't do anything against the rules, it's that simple. Some people just bend the rules in their favor and are then surprised when they get a warning/suspension.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Princess Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics older than 14 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Princess Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.