Youtube Problem!

Poker-Guru

Whenever I try to watch Youtube I can watch for 10-15 minutes before it freezes up... my browser becomes unresponsive and after I end the process I can't re-open my browser. I used to think it was a java issue but then I realized that I could watch pokertube... which I'm not completely sure but I think is also Java based streamed videos. Anyone got an idea I can look into? Don't really need anything detailed just something to go off of because I don't even know where to start. Oh I use firefox btw. I'm mildly addicted to youtube so any help would be much appreciated :)

This is probably a fault with Flash player (which can be quite a memory hog sometimes). :yes: I'm not really sure though, I don't use YouTube so I don't really know how it works.

Agreed. :yes:

It might be that Flash is taking up more memory as it plays larger files...

Ouch! Nobody in their right mind would open multiple tabs with Flash movies unless they were specifically trying to crash their browser...

At the moment I would suggest clearing your cache and reinstalling Flash. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling your browser. :yes:

Ouch! Nobody in their right mind would open multiple tabs with Flash movies unless they were specifically trying to crash their browser...

well... some people open flash games and use youtube at the same time.

o_O They'd have to have a pretty darn fast computer then, especially if they're opening multiple videos.

Wait... what are your PC's specs? That would help to give a better idea of the problem.

Dell (well theres your problem! haha) Pentium® 4 CPU 1.80GHz

768 MB RAM

Windows XP

I dunno much about cpu specs obviously!

ummm

Kinda crappy stock graphic card, I dunno what else do you need to know. I know I have a corrupted active X file thats why I switched from IE to Firefox. And fixing Active X files requires either special hardware or a computer guru, and I'm the Poker Guru not computer guru. I think I'm just going to buy a new CD so I can reformat my computer I lost my old one.

Well the graphics card might be the problem (I don't see any problems with anything else). What version of Firefox are you using (Firefox 2 can be a bit of a memory hog)?

• 2 weeks later...