Boy killed while imitating Naruto

Guest Levy

Am I the only kid whose never tried anything ridiculous on TV nowadays...

So stupid people deserve to die?

I don't know about the "deserve" part, but it's harsh reality. Stupid people don't last long. And when they're adults, they won't contribute anything valuable to the world. It's like what some of the others said, it's natural selection. We ARE animals, just smarter.

I am a person who believes in Tabula Rasa. Tabula Rasa is the philosophy that when children are born they are essentially a clean slate. Their personality and their overall impact they will have on the world is ultimately determined by their life experiences. Therefore, it isn't the kids' fault they are stupid, its the parents' for being bad parents.

There's also those children born with birth defects that cause them to have a low IQ or not be able to think clearly...or along those lines. They ususally don't last long either. Nature does what it does. :/

That's different. People with genetic disorders or birth defects can't help themselves. That is one of the reason why they are submitted to special ed programs in schools for special security and supervision. But kids who are completely healthy don't get such treatment, and only learn from watching the TV, which is used as a 'babysitter' of sorts for parents.

That just shows that parents who can't take care of their children properly, or at least call a real babysitter, don't deserve to be parents. Some parents don't even keep up with their child's grades in school and let them do what they want after school. Including try TV stunts. The guilt sort of falls on both the child and the parents in that manner.

EDIT: PR, signing off for the night.

Exactly. It's both the kid's fault and the fault of the adults that should have had the role of preventing this sort of thing from happening. :yes:

Same here. But I think that general opinion on this is almost unanimous. Almost.

Can newer members see the debate board? Or maybe that person just couldn't find the topic after it was moved.

Uh...I'm not sure they can. The rules say that seeing the debate board is a privilege...maybe she can't see it. o_O

Hmm... odd. I'll log out for a moment and see if I can still spot it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sandi
Not all kids do things stupid. In this case,it's not a good idea to generalize. He was doing something that should have been obvious to anyone over the age of 8 is completely dangerous. Would qualify for a Darwin Award. Also, we're not laughing about it.

And I'd like to know your assumption of how old people here are.

Where were his parents to supervise?

Its pretty much entirely their fault.

If your kid is THAT impressionable at such a old (for this matter anyway) age,

Maybe you should step up to the plate and watch his every breath.

There was a simular case in california or nevada, that some kid

was playing on a vacant lot in some dirt tunnels and it collapsed on him.

The other kid he was playing with freaked and said someone in a red van abducted him.

they were 10 years old, too.

Can you nominate for the darwin or awards or would that just be plain heartless?

Sorry for the late post.

Sandi, there is a clear difference between the cases you cited and the case which is the subject of this topic.

In this case, the kid's death is clearly his own fault (at least in part) - he essentially got himself killed on purpose. However, fault also lies with whoever should have been supervising the play in the sandbox. There's no one person you can lay all the blame on.

And it isn't heartless to point out that a person's death is partially the result of their own stupidity.

Guest jamieleigh

What's sad is that there was this 16-year-old guy in my Theatre class that thought he could copy the things he saw on Narito, (or what ever it's called... I think that's it.) and actually be a martial artist. As someone who actually trained in martial arts for half of their life, I almost laughed my brains out... until this little scrawny kid attempted to pick a fight with the 300-hundred-pound quarter back...

Anyway, my point is that kids can be stupid. Especially when they watch fantasy cartoons and are not taught the difference between real life and television. I think that instead of leaving kids in front of the tv, parents should make a point to watch with their kids, and discuss what is fiction and what is real. That way, maybe once kids reach the age of 10, (or 16...) they'll be able to make smart choices.

This incident with the boy and the sand box is unfortunate. I truly believe that this could have been the result of parents just not paying attention to their kid. Sure, it was the kid who got himself killed, but who was raising and looking after the boy up to this point? Why wasn't someone watching him while he was outside?

We've already established that it's both the kid's and the parents' fault that he died. The kid's fault for trying a stupid stunt, and the parents' fault for not supervising him outside and/or letting him watch too much TV without telling him the difference between a cartoon and the real world.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading this post for some time now and I have to agree the kid was stupid for trying a stupid stunt he saw in naruto. But you can't blame TV for his death you can however blame his parents for not watching him..It is easy to blame TV because it is an inanimate object and can't fight back. Especially when it isn't TV's fault it the parents fault for not keeping track of their kid or kids.. So those of you blaming TV...You are totally wrong..TV didn't not tell the kid to go out and try that stunt. all his parents had to do was change the channel or block the station. Tv is not at fault here the parents.

o_O I don't think anybody here has blamed the TV...in fact, this debate is quite old. It should've been closed by now.