Weapon Upgrade

Considering that I've been in Neopets for about a month and happened to join smack dab in the middle of the Sloth Plot, I think I'm doing alright.

Without a lab ray, my main pet's stats are:

Level: 19

HP: 34

STR: 32

DEF: 20

AGL: 13

Downsize!

Scarab Ring

Kau Knight Helmet

Mud Mixture

Mud Mixture

Illusen's Earth Potion

Purple Sticky Hand

Blue Scorchstone

Now, I'm looking to upgrade my equipment, and I only have a Diamond Deposit account.

I'm a defensively minded battledomer in regards to weapons, so what do you recommend I change?

(Not the stats, I'm working DEF to the 35 STR boost.)

Guest Sloth Von Karma
Im terribly sorry but its almost 100% confirmed the Sloth Plot is over.

Where did you get the 'almost' from? It is indeed over, and the stats have been released already, so you can see how many points you scored and your trophy (although you can't claim it yet!).

And now I ask you Sirius - with the Sloth plot over, will you continue battling?

I'd second the recommendations of Scarab Rings. They're excellent low budget weapons, providing decent attack and defence at a very low price. :yes:

You might consider getting a Patched Magic Hat for defence, or failing that, a Leaf Shield.

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Well, if you're going to be a tank, I'd recommend getting a Patched Magic Hat, like AA said, or save up for a Tower Shield, which is more effective.

When you really get your defense high, go for the ultimate defence item - a Ghostkershield or Faerie Tabard. Your choice. :) They cost around 7 mill, so that's a little high, but boy, they are awesome.

Blue Scorchstone is actually still probably more effective at 30 HP.

Thief Dagger is a nice dual-duty (offense/defense) weapon you can consider.

You should be replacing your mud mixtures soon.

Could you give a "why"? It would help to know why I should choose a 4 - 6 off (3 earth, 1-3 physical) and 6 def (3 light, 3 physical) weapon instead of a weapon that has 5 - 7 off (3 earth, 2 fire, 1 - 3 physical) and 3ish-6ish def (3 earth, 1/3 - 2 3/4 physical) and costs half as much? (I personally was expecting Golden Compass to be suggested...but w/e.)

And I'm not sure what to replace the Mud Mixtures with yet because I prefer overhealing at times (vs. 1p).

Could you give a "why"? It would help to know why I should choose a 4 - 6 off (3 earth, 1-3 physical) and 6 def (3 light, 3 physical) weapon instead of a weapon that has 5 - 7 off (3 earth, 2 fire, 1 - 3 physical) and 3ish-6ish def (3 earth, 1/3 - 2 3/4 physical) and costs half as much? (I personally was expecting Golden Compass to be suggested...but w/e.)

And I'm not sure what to replace the Mud Mixtures with yet because I prefer overhealing at times (vs. 1p).

I suppose Kau Knight Helmet is pretty cool, but I find the icons that Thief Dagger defends very useful, especially the light. As you start moving up, you might see a lot more light in the form of Scuzzys Comb and whatnot.

Golden Compass is great, but based on what you already had, I was thinking your budget was lower.

Also, do you play 2-player at all? As depending on the answer, weapons suggestions can change quite a bit.

Okay okay, my budget's around 130k currently.

I play 2-player as a way of mentorship. All my current neofriends look to me as a battledome mentor, but the reason I'm asking for an upgrade is because I'm quite out of touch with the new weapons since my list visit to Neopia.

But, to answer your question, no, I don't play 2-player competitively.

So you could actually afford a Golden Compass, if you wanted to stick to the defense theme. I can't think of any other weapons that might interest you...

If Golden Compass seems too expensive, Tooth of Terask is available for dark defense.