my pet doesn't want the petpet i give him

bette

everytime i give my lupe a petpet he always says he doesn't want it.. ive already offered him 4 petpets.. im kinda wasting my neopoints.. (yeah, i got the shop.. but competition is tight you know).. just want to know if lupes have list of petpets to match.. im just a newbie by the way..

I got loads of petpets in my SDB, so if you dosent mind your petpet to be a cheap one, send me a mail and we can talk there :)

Edit just checked my SDB and i got these petpets:

Greeble

Uniocto

Abominable Snowball

Bearog

Stego

Uggatrip

Airax

Searex

Scado

Donksaur

White Mallard

Melvie

Fir

Fangy

Altachuck

Rashpid

Tencals

Its to do with the length of your pet's name and the number of letters in the name of the petpet... you can try changing the language (dropdown menu in the bottom nav bar) and getting it to attach that way :) That's how I do it with books anyway lol

It's not a bug/glitch. Like books and food, pets will sometimes reject petpets; mine have once or twice. Bad luck that it happened to you four times though. :(

If you just want your pet to have a petpet and don't care what it is, you might as well keep guessing and checking with different ones until you find one your Lupe likes. But if there's a specific petpet species you really like and your pet refuses it, you can always use the "I suddenly have bilingual skills!" method (i.e. change your language at the bottom of the page, attach the petpet, and change it back -- pet likes and dislikes are based on the letters in the pets' and items' names somehow or other, so using a different language almost always works.) Either way, good luck! :)

Its to do with the length of your pet's name and the number of letters in the name of the petpet... you can try changing the language (dropdown menu in the bottom nav bar) and getting it to attach that way :) That's how I do it with books anyway lol

... if there's a specific petpet species you really like and your pet refuses it, you can always use the "I suddenly have bilingual skills!" method (i.e. change your language at the bottom of the page, attach the petpet, and change it back -- pet likes and dislikes are based on the letters in the pets' and items' names somehow or other, so using a different language almost always works.) Either way, good luck!

this worked! thank you very much.. i used simple chinese... lol.. didn't work out with the alphanumeric languages.. my pet's name has an underscore.. maybe thats why.. thanks again! :graduated:

Yes, the change language trick helps out a lot! I'm currently trying to get some of the petpet avatars, and I had the hardest time attaching all 3 of the petpets I have. At first, none wanted the gruslen. Then the lupe took the harris, but I couldn't get the mazzew on either of my other pets, so I removed the harris, got the mazzew on the lupe and the harris on my aisha, but in order to get the gruslen attached I had to change the language. A real mess.

Yeah, a Neopet will not accept an item (petpet, book, food, etc.) if the item's name has the same number of characters in it as the pet's name.

Probably because you were never unlucky enough to end up with an item that had the same number of characters as your pets' names. :yes: