Altador Cup III

Awesome_Paul

The next big event will most likely be the Altador Cup III.

So who are you going to support? what are you looking forward to?

Have you got any predictions?

Share them here.

I think im going to support Roo island once again :D We've done well in the previous 2 years, each time gathering more followers.

And you better believe the table Might be back on TDN (I have got it made, but that will be a busy time of year for me)

Altador Cup was a site event where you pick one of 17 worlds (Roo Island, Tyrannia, etc) and play a game called Yooyuball to score points for your team. There were also two other games last year if you got sick of Yooyuball. Each day, your team plays another world, and scores are counted and results are posted, and it's really cool because you're actually working with a team, and I like run-on sentences, and at the end there's the final matches and winners and prizes.

I don't really get the question Zafia, there is no "normal" games as far as I can tell. There are three games brought in for the duration of the tournament and they are taken down soon after it finishes.

Anyway, I'm going to support Darigan Citadel again. No I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, they are the team I chose last year before I knew anything about the Altador Cup. Lucky guess I suppose :P. Plus I like evil, so it sorta fitted.

I'm hoping the wonderful people here are TDN will have some helpful tips/advice/guide for Yooyuball. I participated in Altador Cup II and had NO IDEA how to play Yooyu despite searching for some help!

I randomly chose a team in Altador Cup II (ok, they were pretty poor...) but I'll probably do the same this time round.

What i mean is. The 3 games one had to play last year, was they a "scored sent as soon as hitted - like splat a sloth" or more like "one has all the tries in the world - like kass basher" or is the 3 games score sending something real life time thingy or?

@Zafia: You can choose whether or not to send your score for all 3 games, but you can send it as many times as you like. :yes:

I will be supporting Darigan Citadel, the same team I supported in the first Altador cup.

Sounds cool. How come one can send a score unlimited? What if krawk island's supporters is sending less scores than faerieland? How is the scores calculated? I mean, if one end up supporting one that dosent send as many scores as the other ones, is one then doomed to fall or is that calculated within the scores?

Sounds cool. How come one can send a score unlimited? What if krawk island's supporters is sending less scores than faerieland? How is the scores calculated? I mean, if one end up supporting one that dosent send as many scores as the other ones, is one then doomed to fall or is that calculated within the scores?

I think I read somewhere that they balance things like this:

100,000 Join fairieland

300,000 Join Krawk Island

They would multiply faerieland score by 3

So faerieland scores 50,000

Krawk scores 200,000

They would multiply Faerieland score so it would become 150,000.

Im so bad at math so lemme try one and you can say if its right?

10 people join faerieland playing 3games*10players*10times*10(balance bonus) =3000.

50 people join krawk playing 3games*50players*10times*2(balance bonus) =3000.

100 people join haunted woods playing 3games*100players*10times =3000.

Is that right?

So in the end, only scores matters and not how many players joined each faction?

Hmm.. I haven't been involved in this before, but I will this year. I've had fun the RoS-plot and the Altador plot, so I'll keep doing interactive things. When your life is as empty as mine, a bit of online contestry is something to do :wink:

I'm gonna support the Halloween creatures, no question! I LOVE Halloween, and, as a witch, the whole scenery just appeals to me - what with all the evil magic and scary Pets :devil:

Well, TNT are balancing things, somehow...

I shall join Maraqua this year again :)

Good 4 u! ^_^

I always support Maraqua no matter what.. They never win, but who cares.. Its still fun 2 play..!

Im so bad at math so lemme try one and you can say if its right?

10 people join faerieland playing 3games*10players*10times*10(balance bonus) =3000.

50 people join krawk playing 3games*50players*10times*2(balance bonus) =3000.

100 people join haunted woods playing 3games*100players*10times =3000.

Is that right?

So in the end, only scores matters and not how many players joined each faction?

Where did you get the x10 from. Take your example

In a match against Faerieland and Krawk Island

50 people join Krawk island playing 3 games would score 1500.

10 people join Faerieland playing 3 games would be 300.

They would multiply faerieland score of 300 by 5.

That way they would make up the same number of people.

That makes sense. :yes: So the real thing that counts is how much each player contributes...

I'm hoping they do a single round-robin this year, so that not many people get bored but all the teams still get to match up with each other. :yes:

I've never done the altador cup before, does each world map location have it's own team? That will be a hard choice for me if it does. I like the Shenkuu graphics, but I think the maraquan pet colors are my favorite. Both worlds are a little boring however. Hmmm...

*cough* Please join Maraqua! We are a fun team and our WAM boards are entertaining!

And most of the land gets a team... they might have to remove 1 team again, like last year... to make it 16 teams!