Content Applications: OPEN

Ian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about your entry Ellie! Yours is really interesting too. It would be useful to me, except comics and art stuff isn't really for me. However, if I ever discover hidden artistic abilities or feel the urge to make a comic, then that guide will be the first one I go to for advice. :P

Lot's of entries came in while I was asleep and some of them are REALLY good. I don't like my chances :P

Gack! I don't stand a chance of writing an article nearly as good as the ones that have been submitted... if I ever get round to writing one. <_< *Glares at time constraints*

Oh well, good luck to everybody who's applied/planning to apply! :D

Perhaps you should try and write that Last Blast guide you were planning? Just a suggestion... *disappears*

That's what I'm hoping to do. The problem is that I don't have that much time to take the screenies and write a decent guide (and even if I did have time I doubt it would measure up to what everybody else has done). :(

Well if you ever find the time to write one, you definitely should. I am interested to see you use your writing skills in a guide.

I'm sure you could make it as a content writer, but time constraints are definitely a killer.

I have sent in an application to the person who created this topic. On the other topic it said posting was locked so I decided to send it. I was a little confused. xD But hopefully I did the right thing, anyways, hello everyone, I am a newly registered person on TDN and my name is Ashley. You can call me Ashley, Ash or Peanut or whichever you'd really like. I like nicknames. =D

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Wow, so many articles in just one day! There are a lot of people aspiring to be Content Writers, eh? I like that. :)

Many people apply for this kind of staff position because it gives you a lot of freedom - you can write about basically anything related to Neopets and you believe is helpful for other members, while us Battlepedia Staffers have to write essentially about the Battledome (not that I'm complaining, I love my job!), so that's most likely why not many people applied for Battlepedia Staff.

Now, going through the staff applications, I've definitely seen some "you are already hired" ones, and one or two that are just "sorry, not good enough". I obviously won't mention names, as it's Ian and the staff which will decide who gets in or not, I'm just voicing my opinion.

Presentation and organization is very important in a staff application, not to mention the correct, and fluent use of coherent English.

Right now, I'd say that the best ones are Ellie and DOOM Bringer's (I said I wouldn't mention names, but I had to mention these) :P. But those are just my thoughts. :)

So battlepedia staff don't get any opinion in the hirings? :P

Would a content writer stil lbe able to write battledome-related content? Or is it restricted to the battlepedia writers?

I updated my "Experience" section with a link to my Jolly Jugglers' Guide. Just keep in mind that hasn't been updated in a long time and it needs a lot of fixing, but I plan to update it with new images that I've been collecting and fix the writing, too. But, just to give you an idea of what I've done before. It was a very successful guide and I got lots of thank you neomails.

And thank you Sloth Von Karma! I feel very flattered :) and I'm glad to hear my guide could be useful for people.

EDIT: I have added a new guide. Link is in my application (if any of you want to take a look).

Guest Sloth Von Karma
So battlepedia staff don't get any opinion in the hirings? :P

Would a content writer stil lbe able to write battledome-related content? Or is it restricted to the battlepedia writers?

Well, it's not really my department, but we will have a say on the hirings, yes.

No offense, Zac, but I believe it's best to leave battledome writing to us, since we have more experience. If you wanted to write battledome articles, you should have applied for Battlepedia Staff. Neverthless, content writers can basically write anything outside battledome, so you have a huge array of things to write about. :)

Well don't close the applications just yet, because there's a last minute one coming in. :D That's right, I got an unexpected break and managed to throw together a Last Blast guide (I never realised taking screenies for game guides was such a skill :P ). It still won't stand up to the other ones that have been submitted, but I'll feel better for giving it a shot. :yes:

Woohoo! That's great AA, I can't wait to see your guide. I actually need some Last Blast tips, so your guide might be useful to me in the future.

Good luck mate! :D

@Tom: All right, my application's done, so you should be able to see the link to my Last Blast article. :yes:

Yep I've already taken a look at it. I'll glanced over the guide, but I'll read it fully in a minute or two. I did notice that there were a lot of screenshots and pictures though, did you make them all?

Yes. It was a bit of a pain actually, which is why I said:

I never realised taking screenies for game guides was such a skill :P

But I learned a few tricks while I was at it. :yes:

Wow, my guide needed only two screenshots, but I suppose the Last Blast is a lot longer and more complicated.

Anyway, good guide and good luck to everybody who entered (they're reviewing the entries today right?)

Well, I sincerely hope they didn't review them yesterday. :P

So here's the big question: was my guide helpful?

Guest Sloth Von Karma
Wow, my guide needed only two screenshots, but I suppose the Last Blast is a lot longer and more complicated.

Anyway, good guide and good luck to everybody who entered (they're reviewing the entries today right?)

Yes, we are.

I'll take a look at AA's guide. ^_^

Edit: Long guide, AA, but great content. xD