BREAKING NEWS: Petpetpet Habitats

Superfly

In a news released earlier this week, The Daily Neopets became aware of an interesting new "AIR app" that Neopets is developing. We decided to hold off on posting to gather more information. This AIR app is being called Petpetpet Habitats and will be released toward the end of April or the beginning of May. Here's a preview that we've found after more research on the topic.

Video Courtesy Of: www.qik.com

I'm sure some people are wondering "What in the world is an "AIR app"? An AIR app is something that has recently been developed by Adobe. This is an application that Neopets would create and allow users to download (currently for free) and allow users to play it (Petpetpet Habitats) without an internet connection. An internet connection would be connected to do some minor trading, purchasing, and interaction with other users. Overall, it's a Desktop Application for your PC.

Nickelodeon is one of the first corporations to use this new item created by Adobe. Nickelodeon and Neopets, as you know are both owned and operated by Viacom. Below is what Jason Root, Senior Vice President of Nick.com has to say about AIR apps.

"With Adobe AIR, we can deliver highly interactive, simple-to-use applications that Nickelodeon fans can enjoy right away. It lets us take our services and brand from the web to the desktop, keeping users engaged whether they are online or offline."

If we find out any more information regarding Petpetpet Habitats or anything else, we'll bring it to you as soon as we have the latest information.

Hey, people pay even less attention to making things compatible with Linux. <_<

But this game looks pretty darn entertaining. :P

This looks pretty cool, but I'll wait for more information to be released before I pass judgment on it. Still I guess I might get it, if I hear it's good.

• 3 weeks later...