What was that??

_Zafia_

I was searching after threads about symol hole. All went fine, but when i pressed one of the threads bout symol hole, there came a pop up screen where it told me to write username n password. I just pressed cancel bout 5-6 times n finally it closed.

Is that normal or a glitch/bug or something else?

It seems to me like it's some sort of malicious pop-up, or overly intrusive ad. It might not be the site though. I'd make sure my computer was clean of adware/spyware if I were you.

TDN Forums are one of the few places which doesn't have advertisements apart from hover link ones which seem to appear and disappear from here every now and again.

If it was specifically related to this forum, I'd suggest you ignore it and think nothing of it. If it was a general prompt for username and passwords, ignore it and do a scan of your computer. If it was a prompt for your Neopets password, screenshot it, ignore it and then send it to us. :)

You should try cleaning out your Spyware, maybe upgrading?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for dragging my post up again - but it just happened again - this time i took a closer look on that. It said something like. "In order to grant access to neoadmin etc" and "3*w.images.neo etc" and "you must enter your neopets name and password" and than 2 lines where it said: name and password.

It was a pop up that came on this url: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?&ac...theme&st=25

It looks like Neopets are putting a password protection on some of their directory (that's why it asks you for a login/password). This is out of our control and not dangerous at all.

I don't really get why the neopets login came on this site, but i guess it can happen if the post contains neopets url. I was just wondering, especially because theres a lot of scammers roaming. It took quite a few ignore clicks before the pop up closed. Though i can easily live with a safe pop up now and then :) I'm just glad that its a safe one.