Only accept offers from 'Jerrypteri'

Matt

Hi there!

We've got some bad news to report, I'm afraid.

security_agent.gif

We've recieved a report that people are going around with similar usernames to ours, offering on the items you're returning to us. Not nice, is it?

They may go by other names such as "alp" or something, or a name which looks like the one we use such as the one we got reported to us "jerrypetri". If you give the item you borrowed to one of these scammers we cannot get it back and your collateral will not be refunded.

The only username we will use to offer on any items you owe us will be jerrypteri, spelt J E R R Y P T E R I. Nothing else.

(Please note that we have many side-accounts with the naming convention "tdnalp" followed by a number. "tdnalp" by itself is us to. We will only use these for pet lending, where it's risky anyway and no collateral is used)

Help kick these scammers where the sun don't shine. b)

Thanks,

Matt (and a rather shocked and appalled Eric).

Scammers are getting so much more daring these days...

When handling items as valuable as the ALP ones, you should be extremely careful anyway. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sloth Von Karma
Scammers are getting so much more daring these days...

When handling items as valuable as the ALP ones, you should be extremely careful anyway. :yes:

Yeah, that Bony Grarrl Club is extremely valuable (it is TDN's most expensive ALP item), and I always stashed it carefully in my SBD when I hadn't gotten the Grarrl MP before I equipped it, and was extremely careful of whichever trade offers came my way.

Also, remember not to listen to any Neomails that send an offer your way, or any NF requests either. Scammers think of any strategy to earn easy NPs.

Simply put, ignore anything that sounds too good to be true. :yes: Common sense is a simple, powerful counter-scam tool.

• 3 weeks later...