Speed up your (already fast) Fire Fox!

Superfly

Hello everyone! Last night I was browsing aruond YouTube and found a great tutorial about how to speed up your (already fast) Fire Fox.

This will only work if you are on high-speed internet!

If you are using dial-up, your browsers configuration is already set for dial-up.

Now those of you on high-speed, just follow the simple steps below to manually change some config settings and it's like you can't even blink between page loads!

1. Type "about:config" in your address bar.

2. Using the filter (located at the top of the page) type in "network.http.pipe"

>>> You should now only see two or three things on your list.

3. The one at the very top (or titled "network.http.pipelining") - Double click on it which will change it's value to TRUE.

4. The one at the very bottom (or titled "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests") - Doube click on it, a box will appear. Change the value to 10, 20, 30, or anywhere in between. The default setting is 4 (which is for dial-up users).

5. Apply your settings, and start browsing, you should see a noticable different in your page loads!

Yay!

Haha, yea good luck catching me. ;) I've got places to hide. :shiftyeyes_anim:

However, lets please stay on-topic. :offtopic:

This was just a general warning to all. :P

*Put's away cage, harpoon launcher, and other various capture devices* Ok, but....I want magic :(

Edit by Superfly-Mod TJ: This post is allowed, even though it's extremely off-topic. Loocem was on the page before I posted the message above, therefore he didn't get a chance to see the warning. ;) However, everyone has had their fair shot of seeing these two warnings now. :P

:P I'm not trying to scare you all from posting, but we do need to keep it on-topic. We can chat about the effects you've noticed.

Has anyone noticed the decrease of page loading time?

(: :thumbsup: :cap: :bike: :guitar: Isn't it great! Last night, I could literally not blink while a page was loading, images are for sure FASTER than ever.

Edit: Spelling mistake corrected.

I really gotta check this out!

I'll be sure to use this little trick when I get on my computer in my room at home.

I used to be an avid Internet Explorer fanboy, but I threw all that away when Firefox entered my life.

Firefox saves all.

Think of all the Rotton Left Boots I can snatch from the Money Tree after I use that tutorial. :O

Heh, I did this a while back when I was pretty new to Firefox. It is a pretty handy tweak, although it doesn't do that much for my supposedly high-speed internet.

OMG Teej, thanks for the mod! Now TDN is loading even faster! ^_^ And with the new server's RAM and my RAM upgrades... The only way it would load any faster is if I get a faster processor, unfortunatly the motherboard won't take anything faster. <_<

• 2 weeks later...