Secret Lab Ray

Strategos

I've heard that the lab ray will not make your pet to level 1 if you're above a certain level. Is this true, and if so, do you know at what level this happens? Thanks.

I believe that one is just a rumour actually... or if its not the level must be very high. I've seen a pet go down from level 71, and when I first started zapping Bruno he got sent back to level one from level 23...

Maybe its just rarer for higher-level pets?

I think they made it fair and left it so that ANYONE can get zapped back to level one. But I have noticed that the lower your level, the more likely you are to get it. >_>;;

The back to level 1 thing used to be possible for any pet, however at some point TNT set it to a certain level (which I can't remember off the top of my head). It might be level 20 or like 40 that you're safe..I thought it was 20 however :/

• 5 weeks later...
speaking of lab rays...if your pet gets zapped and you want to paint it or change it with a morphing potion into something else, can you? or does that stuff stop working if the pet has been zapped?

Zapped *petpets* can't be painted and will revert to their original forms if you remove them from your pet. But pets themselves aren't affected that way; everything that can be done with a regular pet can also be done to one that's been labbed. Although if you're going to morph/paint your pet, I suggest you make sure you're completely done zapping it first or all the NP you pay for the potion or paint brush might end up going to waste. :P

It's not a rumour that your level can get zapped back to 1 - I've had a couple of friends who have had their pets levels zapped back to 1 by the Lab Ray. Luckily enough none of them were bothering to train their level anyway.

It's just a rumour, your level can randomly go up or down, no matter what level it is, and if you are unlucky enough, it can go back to one. As for the painted/zapped pets, It only applies to petpets, You can't paint zapped petpets, but you can paint zapped pets.