Neopets! When did you discover it existed?

Meeptroid

It was around the end of 2000. I had just purchased a computer (my old P3 now, still lives and is online right now, my sister is using it :P) and my father worked in a restaurant back then. Well, he told me his manager's kids used to play it and then he introduced me to it. I made my first account and I was hooked. However, I then moved home to Portugal in June 2002 (I lived in the UK back then) and totally forgot about. I must have had some 5 accounts around the first 1st year on Neo.

After some good years, I totally forgot about Neopets. I joined another similar community, Habbo Hotel, and I loved it. On January 2006, I was banned permanently for scamming there (though I wasn't even there at the time they froze me), and I wasn't even scamming on that Hotel (they have hotels for each country, I was from the US one, and my UK account on the UK hotel was frozen. My parents banned me from going on there ever since (because you have to pay for virtual furniture, and they didn't like that I was banned with real money purchased furni in my account that won't be unbanned until 2017, and now I don't even care!).

So in March 2006 I saw my sister playing Neopets, and then I remembered all the good times I had had with Neopets 6 years ago - it was just me, the computer with Windows 2000 (an Operating Sytem I still love, and 98 too) and Neopets. Ah. I decided it was time to go back.

So I pulled out an old account - advance461 - and then on April Fools', I won a trophy at a game I still love a lot - Hasee Bounce. I was really happy, but then on April 5th, I was frozen for abusing the referral system. I did, in fact, create side accounts to cheat it, and TNT discovered it. It is the only account until now that is frozen for wrongdoings - and I intend to keep it as such.

So I decided to start anew and create my actual account, this time renamed advance469, on April 5th and since then, I've been quite hooked on Neopets.

It's not only a website that makes me remind my past, it is most likely (and I hope it to be) my future for a long time, and despite being a bunch of colorful pixels, it is Neopets that made me love computer and the Internet - a passion so strong that, in fact, made me choose my course this year (Computer Technology).

As you can see, a simple website can make such profound changes in ones' life. I just want to remind you that, independently of the course you choose and the what you want to be, remember your past, consider, and then ask yourself if this is really want you want. Only then should you choose.

About TDN - Side Note

On a similar note, I discovered TDN when I was looking frantically for an Altador Plot guide, and as JellyNeo's wasn't decent, I clicked on a link that took me no further nor farther that The Daily Neopets. I was immediately captivated by its good writing and easy-to-follow tutorials. That helped me to fully complete the plot. So I heard of a remodeling (which was TDN v5), and I decided to join on that very same day.

Little did I know I was about to join one of the best Neopets communities on the Web. Despite some downfalls (yes, TDN was not just roses and good things, mainly because of my decisions as a staff member back then), I remain faithful to this community and I must say that I'm really happy to be part of it. I love the content writers' guides and tutorials and they really help me like no other tutorial has ever done.

Right now, you may think - oh, that's just fake, you're just saying this to impress and flatter us. No, this is me being very honest right now.

Wow, I have gone on a long rant here. Just to end this, I want to thank this community once more. You are truly unique. :)

Oh that was so very long ago lol! I have been on neo for many years. Not on the account I have now though. I don't remember exactly how I found it. Probably just searching around the internet I ran across it. There is nothing wrong with college people playing on neo lol, I am in college and I am a mother and I still play!

I don't remember when I discovered Neopets..:D I think it was in 2003 or 2004 or something like that. Anyway, I was about 8 or 9 nine years old then, and when I'm bored, I just go surfing on the internet. Then I found the page www.neopets.com. I had a cute kougra there too. ^_^ At first, I didn't really know what to do there, and I just stopped playing there. I don't even remember the password anymore... But in August, 2007, I decided to try to play there again. I made a new account and now I have a Lupe and a Gelert as pets. :P

Different stories, same endings. That all is common (and different) to all the stories we've being sharing.

And, of course, some made people's lives changes, others, not so radically, but it was a fun experience altogether, don't you think?

I just hope TDN and Neopets stay with us for many years to come. :)

It was either late 1999 or early 2000 that I found it, I spent all my time on the computer around then because I was 15, couldn't drive, couldn't date, lived too far from anything to walk to take the bus, so I was stuck at home a lot. There wasn't much too it back then. The map was pretty much one page, there were lots of smoothies, and I remember trying to go to the money tree but being disappointed that I had dialup and the page wouldn't load fast enough. I think I was doing a search for pets for your computer, I had some desktop buddy things at the same time.

Then I got involved in all that is high school life, and forgot about my account. Even the e-mail I had it linked to went inactive, and I can't even remember my username.

Now I'm a mommy and I found it again looking for games for my daughter to play online. I signed myself up, and have been on almost every day for the last four months o_O