Whack-a-Kass

Neon

So, has anyone noticed the recent name change of Whack-A-Kass to Kass Basher?

It's just on the page itself, and the images or Flash game itself have not (yet?) been changed.

Seems kind of odd...

Game page here

Edit: It seems this is also happening to other games as Whack-A-Staff is now TNT Staff Basher and Whack-A-Ghost is now Ghost Bopper!

My guess is that they have changed names because of the similarity.

Your thoughts?

I heard from the neoboards, that the people that made Whack A Mole almost sued them for the similarities of the names.

Seems people can't use 'Whack A' now :P

Yeah, that's what some people on PinkPT were saying.

It's kind of ridiculous, if you ask me.

Well I suppose they'll have to change the game image soon as it still says Whack-A-Kass.

I just think it's strange that Whack-A-Kass's name would change now, many years after it's release.

To be honest I think it's a stupid thing to be fussed about, it's just Whack-A...

People really get overhyped about these trademarks and such... I remember something about Apple getting sued over the name 'iPhone'.

Super Special News Alert!

So, TNT -- I totally just noticed that you changed "Whack-a-Kass" to Kass Basher, but the icon beside the game still says "Whack-a-Kass"! Were you guys getting around to it, or trying to trick us? ~Mushroomsofdoom

Lawyerbot's programming was updated and he learned there might be some "whack-a" games that existed prior to our Neopian games, so we renamed them. (He tends to be touchy about those things.)

Turns out that the theory about a lawsuit may be correct. The copyrighted 'Whack-A-Mole' wants nothing to do with Neopets apparently.