Programming Peril

Meeptroid

header_animated_loading.gif

Loading Complete

'Tis the season, members of TheDailyNeopets. I am Computer Unit #777 who is in need of your assistance. A video game programmer is my owner and he recently fell ill with a fever. Therefore, he is no longer able to provide leading companies with games for the time being. This is where you all come in. Three video games are needed to be created in order to fulfill my programmer's qouta. As you may know, December is now here and we need to stick to that theme. Is other words, the video games that are to be created need to be realated in some way to winter. That is all I have time to say at the moment. So I h- BZZT!

Error! Computer Shutting Down...

Urk. This is the third time that computer had an error. I really hope that programmer recovers soon enough otherwise many gamers out there won't have any new challenges to face for a while. That would certainly be bad.

Oh! Forgive me of my rambling. I should probably explain what all of this is basically about.

You need to explain your ideas of a video game in which you think many gamers would approve of. This is what you need to know in order to do so. You need to include:

-The graphics (Is the game 2-D or 3-D?)

-Music (What kind of music does your game include?)

-System (What game system does your game play on?)

-Rating (I would prefer if it was rated Teen or below...)

-Genre (Action, Adventure, Puzzle, etc.)

-Controls (You know... How you control the character and stuff)

-Moves (What are the skills the main character can always use?)

-Power-Ups (Anything available to power up weapons or your character?)

-Items (What basic items will you find in the game and what do they do?)

-Players (1-4 players)

-Levels (How many levels are there?)

-Enemies (What are the enemies or obstacles the main character faces?)

-Bosses (Are there any bosses? What levels are they found in?)

-Storyline (This is purely optional. I don't want you guys to work too hard)

Seems like a huge bundle of things you need when creating the draft of the game, doesn't it? It is really quite simple when you think about it. You have PLENTY of time though.

DEADLINE: DECEMBER 25, 2007!

I hope everyone understands what they must do for this contest. If not, please feel free to ask any questions on this topic. I will notify everyone on this board if I add or change anything on this post. Now, here are the PRIZES!

First Place: 50,000 Neopoints and a Super Icy Negg!

Second Place: 10,000 Neopoints and a random Petpet!

Third Place: 5,000 Neopoints and a random food item!

To sum everything up, all you have to do is write an explanation of a video game. No pictures or actually making a game is necessary. Although you could add a picture or two if you really wanted to do so.

Ooo, This sounds fun.

Few Q's though.

-When you say design, you only mean explanation? :P (i know we can't make it, but its not pictures??)

-Could we include Story/Storyline as a part of it.

-Could we use actual games characters etc, or do we have to make it all up.

Because I have an excellent idea, Though it contains people from 2 actual games?.

lol at first I thought you were making a song about neopets and then it did'nt make sense O.o

Why? Because of the 'Tis the season' part?

Hehe.

How did you know????

and

I wanna participate

At This point in time, I have made the Story, and made a somewhat intro to the game.

------------------------------------------------------

In a Galaxy far far away, Is an planet called Mobius. This planet is like any world out there, 1 Hero, 1 Villain. The Hero, is an spiky hedgehog called 'Sonic'. Him and his friends; Miles “Tails†Prower, Amy Rose, and Knuckles The Echidna.

They fight together to save Mobius from the Mad scientist Dr. Robotnik!. Recently he has called upon, Chaos, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonics most feared rival Metal Sonic, for help with his latest scheme.

Robotnik slams his fists onto the desk

“Everytime, Everytime I get beaten by that vastly Sonic, Though perhaps, I could conquer Mobius, a different way. Its Christmas soon, and here in Mobius, it is always a white Christmas. So what if I steal winter, That way, it will skip christmas, which will break the spirit of all of those in Mobius, Though how, to get rid of winter, I would first have to remove the snow, though any robot I build, Sonic may crush it, there must be a different way.........â€

Robotnik looked through his Database, night after night, until he found something.

“What is this? Over in a Mushroom kingdom, there is a king called Bowser!. Sonic cannot destroy something that lives. Perhaps this is the method I've been searching for all this time. Maybe with a tweak of my ultra universic disenergizer, I will be able to get through to him.â€

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story

After Above, Robotnik manages to recruit Bowser and his Koopa Army. They begin to melt/steal all the snow. They both begin to boast, and sends a Message to sonic, saying that Winter will be gone forever.

Sonic doesn't realize who Bowser is, but they find out somehow :P. So Tails decide to build his own Universe Cardfancan, and They recruit Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi.

Though Robotnik was one step ahead, and warned Mario that an evil hedgehog would try to convince them to help them take over Mobius. (Mario doesn't know Robotnik, so he believes him)

So to begin, a battle rages out, between Mario and Sonic. (basically due to Mario trying to defend Mobius, and sonic just defending himself) Though in the end, Mario believed him, They go back to Mobius, and saves Christmas :D (Though there will be more, harder challenges along the way)

--------------------------------

Section 1

-The graphics (Is the game 2-D or 3-D?)

-Music (What kind of music does your game include?)

-System (What game system does your game play on?)

-Rating (I would prefer if it was rated T or below...)

-Genre (Action, Adventure, Puzzle, etc.)

This will be a 3-D type game, Realistic graphics so it basically looks real, the day will change from day-night and back again, and there will be all different weathers. (each one its own effect, (EG: when it rains, puddles, when its windy, you will see the grass move) and when it is stormy, It will only attract to Trees or Poles etc.

The Music will be the plain and simple, which you will be easily addicted to (I try and find some on youtube)

For the systems, It will most likely start out on a Nintendo Console, followed by Sony and Microsoft a year later, with some hand held versions with them.

For the rating, What is T o_O Though it will be available for all.

Genre will be plain and simple of an Action Adventure.

------------------------------------------

Section 2

-Players (1-4 players)

-Levels (How many levels are there?)

-Enemies (What are the enemies or obstacles the main character faces?)

-Bosses (Are there any bosses? What levels are they found in?)

In this game, it will have 3 Different gameplays.

-Single Player Campaign

-Co-op Campaign (2 people)

-Battle Mode in which you would unlock characters as you play the game(1-4)

There will be no Levels, There will be Areas though, Though other than that, It is Free roaming, and you could have 3 missions available at the same time, One from tails, one from Knuckles and one from a Mobiusy :P That way, if one person gets stuck, they can carry on until they have to do that. (though you only be able to skip to the end: Tails could ask you for parts to get Portal, So he may ask for one part, Knuckles may ask for one etc.

Enemies, there will be all different kinds of robots, made by Robotnik OR the Koopa Gang (This could include Goombas as well)

Bosses will include: Mario/Sonic/Metal Sonic/Shadow/Robotnik/Chaos and ????? ;) (whats a game without an secret boss)

Though you may have to fight these enemies more than once.

-------------------------------------------

Section 3

-Controls (You know... How you control the character and stuff)

-Moves (What are the skills the main character can always use?)

-Power-Ups (Anything available to power up weapons or your character?)

-Items (What basic items will you find in the game and what do they do?)

-Replay? (sorry kinda added one)

Controls will be kinda hard for me to explain at the moment (basically haven't seen a Wii controller, so roughly:)

The Directions arrows to change team member (If your playing as Sonic, Up could be Sonic, Down for Knuckles etc)

The left analog stick will be for movement.

The right Analog stick will be for Camera

And the main buttons, will be for Jump, Attack, Items, Skill.

Moves, Everyone knows Sonic's team, and Mario teams, so the teams will be what they are famous for.

Items and Powers up, will be the same, As you progressed, you will gain new skills, Like, New boots for sonic, so he can run on water for a short time, Increased Speed. For the Mario side of things, He will gain new outfits, Like the frog, Fireball, raccoon, and my personal favorite, the green boot.

And of course, There will be special powers up, when you reach that certain point, Though I'm not gonna spoil it.

Replay value will be a Bonus. the 1st time you play, you will play as Sonic Team, After one completion, you will Unlock Mario team, and after that completion, An even a few special team. And note that each team will have a different side to the story.

So thats basically my game. (should so send the idea off, With Mario and Sonic at the Olympics out, they may agree to do something like this?

Vivi, that was so awesome! Very good concept for a game and I would like to play that.

Also, rated T is Teen. This is how we label things:

EC- Early Childhood (ex. Barney the Dinosaur-type action)

E- Everyone (ex. Comic Mischief)

T- Teen (ex. Mild language, violence)

M- Mature (ex. Strong language, gore, drug references)

A- Adults (ex. suggestively explict scenes, overly excessive gore)

But anyway, that was really good.

I hope to see more submissions from others!

Yeah, you could so imagine headlines

"Gamers, complain to Sega and Nintendo for awful ending"

I could seriously imagine that.

A gamer's response to the ending:

"It stole my innocence!"

That is what I could imagine.

I can't wait to see who else has any good ideas for a game! Keep 'em coming!

• 4 weeks later...

header_animated_loading.gif

Computer Back-Up System Activated

At the moment I am typing, the programmer I mentioned earlier is making a remarkable recovery. He will certainly be able to resume his job sometime soon. Also, I have noticed that a kind member has posted his idea for a video game. I really like it! However, this member seems to be the only one who did so and the deadline is tomorrow. We ne-

Critical Error! Computer System Shutting down...

If I had a dollar everytime that happened....

Oh! How's it going everybody? The contest's deadline is tomorrow and there is only one entry. Anyone who still wants to enter better get on it!

If Paul is the only one who entered by the deadline, I will boost his Neopoint prize from 50,000 to 75,000! Plus, an extra gift!

This is how Paul's prize area looks like so far:

Neopoints: 75,000

Items: Super Icy Negg and a extra gift. :)

And Dillon, you are pretty much correct. Just create a videogame that meets your needs. :yes:

Not really - I find the instructions quite clear. However, due to lack of a good idea, I don't think I'll be participating in this.