I have a pet site. So, a few questions to you guys...

Jewmex

I own a pet site *points to sig*

I have a few questions for you guys, as this is a Neopets forum, and effectively in the same genre. What sort of features do you like seeing on pet sites? What things do you not like seeing on pet sites? How do you feel about the rules on Neopets? Do you wish they were more lax? Which do you think are important (besides the obvious - no scamming, cheating, etc)?

What sort of pets do you like seeing? What sort of color options? Do you like the site to be centered around the pets, or around an RPG? Basically being a social networking site? Around a plot of some sort? Around battling? Around item collecting?

Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Share your likes and dislikes on petsite related stuff here, and I'll see if I can drag it into Lodithia kicking and screaming. XD

What sort of features do you like seeing on pet sites?

I like plots, puzzles... games. It was the games the first got me addicted to Neo :P It was the people that made me stay this long though, so some type of forum or chat board is a good idea too. Oh, and stuff to collect! I love collecting random things lol

What things do you not like seeing on pet sites?

Excessive advertising annoys me... I know that the ads help pay for hosting and all that but they can be integrated into the layout so they're less noticeable. The ads that send you to another page annoy me the most though.

How do you feel about the rules on Neopets? Do you wish they were more lax?

Actually I think the rules on Neo are good, I've never found it hard to follow them.

Which do you think are important (besides the obvious - no scamming, cheating, etc)?

I'm not really sure what you mean by this question... do you mean something like things always changing? I like a site that changes and updates regularly - that way there's always something new to keep my attention!

What sort of pets do you like seeing? What sort of color options?

Hm, well on Neo the Kougra is my favourite because they remind me of tigers and I like tigers XD I guess I like "cute" pets. On your site I love the Queri and the Leir :)

Do you like the site to be centered around the pets, or around an RPG? Basically being a social networking site? Around a plot of some sort? Around battling? Around item collecting?

I think a combination of all these things makes for a great site. Its one of the things that makes Neo so successful - there's something for everyone, and they're always adding something new to keep people interested.

Well, I hope this helps! I've had a bit of a look around your site and I like the look of it so far, except I can't figure out how to get any RBC, or find secret avatars XD

Thank you for your response, Isabal. I really appreciate your input. You answered my next question, LOL. What keeps you at Neopets (or any other site)?

Oh, which reminds me... if you visit any other sites (besides pet sites), what keeps you going back to those sites?

I like seeing things that are related to real life, the competition to get rare items, plots like the Aldor ones, oh and lore! I love reading lore, and doing things about it. ;)

Quality over Quantity in worlds, if it were to have worlds like Neopets. Neopets has so many worlds, hard to keep track of where everything is!

How do you feel about the rules on Neopets?

They're fine, I believe they are good enough to keep a good stable community.

Do you wish they were more lax?

I think it's okay. :)

Which do you think are important (besides the obvious - no scamming, cheating, etc)?

If you were to put lore in plots, please do make it correct. <__< Blizzard totally killed their lore a long time ago, which made it a little less fun but it still was addicting. Oh, also, try to make some items rarities, many people come back just to sell them for huge amounts of profits later. Keeping your economy in your site safe, because that's always a big thing.

What sort of pets do you like seeing?

I like any kind of pet, if they're well designed. -chuckle-

What sort of color options?

You mean like paintbrushes? It depends on the person, but I like Halloween kinds of paintbrushes, and the special grey paint brush because some pets they really look cool.

Do you like the site to be centered around the pets, or around an RPG?

Balance of both, you will have a community balanced around both which I believe will be good.

Basically being a social networking site?

Oh! People! Those are what good things are for too, almost forgot. Heh, having alot of people to be able to be friends with, and get to know each other is always a way to make people keep coming back.

Around a plot of some sort?

Plots are good. Explained about this earlier.

Around battling?

Hehe, I'm in a saving money mode right now, but I'm going to train my pets later for it is fun to be able to battle some monsters with rare items.

Around item collecting?

<3 item collecting, if it's the thing I want.

Oh, which reminds me... if you visit any other sites (besides pet sites), what keeps you going back to those sites?

People, balance, entertaining.

:) Three words.

Hope it helps!

Well, if there is an explore map, I'd find that just superb. And also, at least a way for newbs to start out with a decent amont of points or money or whatever the currency is. I hate it when newbies have to sart from scratch and it's almost impossible to do that sometimes. I also love when they have competitions or competitive games. Or raffles for points or items.

Super-strict rules. I hate it when there are only certain words you can say and they have to be from some kid-friendly approved dictionary. I can't think of anything else.

How do you feel about the rules on Neopets?

I don't like the whole 13 years old rule to acsess the boards. I mean you can just lie. I think it should be advised that you be 13 or over, but not required. Also, I don't like how we can't mention URL's to even help sites. I think at leas thelp sites should be allowed.

Do you wish they were more lax?

Oh yeah!

The bad words filter-thing rule, although people have found a way around that. Also the typical copyright rules those are always important.

New, original pets that have decent graphics.

Creative ones. They could be similar to Neopets for all I care, bu if they different names then its fine by me.

I think the pets should be part of the RPG. Anthro and the other one alike.

A little bit of this yes.

Plots are always good, yesh.

Around battling?

Personally, I despise battling, but others do like it, so you could add it in as a feature, just not centered around it.

Around item collecting?

This is always a good choice. :)

Also, if you don't have a help-site or fan-site yet, you could make your own until you get it really popular.

ANd another idea I just thought of, a buddy list. I don't know if you have ti or not.

And, when or where are we able to explore the map of Lodithia? I read the FAQ thing and it says that there are lands of Lodithia, but I can't find em!

Great site by the way. Just joined. But I am oh so confused.

This site is really interesting. The pets are drawn neatly and also are creative. The site also gives off a friendly atmosphere that I enjoy. So, I decided to join the site as "Reptilian". And my first adopted pet is the Kohaun.

Defenitly reptilian and insectoid creatures. I would absolutely enjoy to see more of them!

I'm really not that picky towards color, but I would appreciate being able to make your pet green.

I personally would like it to be revolved around the pets more than an RPG.

I wouldn't mind seeing some interaction going on between players.

Not really. A plot every couple months or so is how I like it.

Around battling?

I would like to see a good part of it around battling.

[Around item collecting?

Item collection should be more of a hobby on pet sites. I don't really like it as a necessity.

Thank you for your input! It's greatly appreciated.

And, when or where are we able to explore the map of Lodithia? I read the FAQ thing and it says that there are lands of Lodithia, but I can't find em!

Oh, soon! I'm going to be making the map in the next few days for the new site release. :)