The Overthrow puzzle...

lemonest

I have bin trying to solve it 4 a really long time...

Cant find any sense in those numbers, letters and colors...

My head is going to explode :grrr:

If any1 finds out anything... PLZ post!

Thanks! o_O

Yeah, I've noticed you finished the plot a couple days ago, Brainiac. Congratulations on doing so!

The "Overthrow" riddle seems like it really shouldn't be that difficult. If what was said is true, just focusing on the puzzle with your eyes should give you the answer. Trouble is, I've realized there are different combinations for the puzzles. Therefore only one combination is correct. Maybe the combination doesn't even matter? In either case, if the puzzle can be easily done with just your eyes, there probably isn't much strategy to it. Many of us are thinking way too hard. Or maybe not enough.

you've gotten as far as the rest of us. believe me, if anyone finds anything, you'll end up hearing about it.

I've been working on this for 7 days straight, mostly going it alone. Though I will admit I needed help on the numbers puzzle. That was brutal. And the invisible maze about drove me insane. 36 hours late I realised I was supposed to use the arrow keys. Anyway I thought I would put in my two cents about the overthrow.

1.At first I thought the numbers at the bottom referred to how many words could be made after unscrambling the letters. Similar to Cliffhanger. I haven't ruled out this theory.

2. The clues Jerry and Pteri as file names shouldn't be ignored.

3. If you take out ABCDEFGHILKLMONPQRSTUVWXYZ you are left with TO FYORA BJV. I think the fact that Fyora overthrew Baelia is a HUGE marker and more than a coincidence.

4. Check out the contact page and read about TJ. I think there is a clue there that I might be missing.

Good luck to everyone still working on this!

Cheers,

Tracie

I've been working on this for 7 days straight, mostly going it alone. Though I will admit I needed help on the numbers puzzle. That was brutal. And the invisible maze about drove me insane. 36 hours late I realised I was supposed to use the arrow keys. Anyway I thought I would put in my two cents about the overthrow.

1.At first I thought the numbers at the bottom referred to how many words could be made after unscrambling the letters. Similar to Cliffhanger. I haven't ruled out this theory.

2. The clues Jerry and Pteri as file names shouldn't be ignored.

3. If you take out ABCDEFGHILKLMONPQRSTUVWXYZ you are left with TO FYORA BJV. I think the fact that Fyora overthrew Baelia is a HUGE marker and more than a coincidence.

4. Check out the contact page and read about TJ. I think there is a clue there that I might be missing.

Good luck to everyone still working on this!

Cheers,

Tracie

Hi!

This is my first post, but I've been reading all the KE forums trying to figure this thing out. I'm now stuck on the overthrow puzzle like a lot of us. Here's my two cents on the matter; maybe someone can take this and run with it:

1. The pieces with alternate letters "N" and "T" must be the one with "N," because "N" does not show up anywhere else in the puzzle. It's not a coincidence that there is one of every letter, including oft unused ones like "Q" and "Z."

2. The pieces with alternate letters "B" and "Z" are likely the one with "B," because "B" is much more common than "Z." It's probably not a coincidence that one of the most uncommon letters was chosen to replace "B" as its alternate. That said, "Z" should not be ruled out entirely.

3. If you take out one of each letter, you actually get FYORAITVJOB (or FYORAITVJOZ). Sorry Tracie, but if you look there's two "I"s.

4. I agree that the filenames should not be overlooked. Even the seemingly random ones. Why do they each have five letters and one number at the end, instead of being totally random?

5. Here are the filenames, in order of receiving them:

aghws4.png

guapv2.png

hajpo5.png

nshcs9.png

zhaph6.png

widye5.png

kaguv2.png

sjsdu8.png

vnasi1.png

bqial8.png

pteri3.png

diswn0.png

oabai6.png

mbnia2.png

jerry4.png

6. The numbers at the bottom of the puzzle are 1(46)(922)439(7), or 1(64)(229)439. There is no 5, 8, or 0.

7. The numbers on the filenames (in order) are 425965281830624. There is no 7.

8. I thought about removing the filenames of the alternate pieces we're not using in the puzzle. This leaves 10 pieces. There are 10 numbers at the bottom of the puzzle (including the 7). There may be some correlation there, but it's hard to tell which of the bottom two alternates to use.

9. Maybe the final answer has something to do with all the previous answers.

10. Lastly, I think the solution should probably tie back in to the beginning (if it's a cleverly designed puzzle ^_^ ). Why is the puzzle called "Kalium Echo," of all things? Kalium is another name for the element Potassium (whose symbol is K and number is 19). Why is the plot about a program and a hacker?

Just a lot of loose ends. Maybe one of you can pick them up and sort them out with me.

Good luck,

-Jon

thepuzzle3dl4.th.jpg

What do you say about my idea?? :)

thought that for 3 days... HOPE you will understand... if any ideas to use this pm me or write here...

I already tried the 8 combinations and yes i tried both ( numbers and the letters..)

Plz help and say if you think something out.. :)

. . . wow. just, wow . . .

I'm wondering if part of the puzzle is another code-breaking section -- those numbers at the bottom could be substituted for letters that could be useful in the future?

thepuzzle3dl4.th.jpg

What do you say about my idea?? :)

thought that for 3 days... HOPE you will understand... if any ideas to use this pm me or write here...

I already tried the 8 combinations and yes i tried both ( numbers and the letters..)

Plz help and say if you think something out.. :)

I don't quite understand what you all mean by the combinations.. How did u derive that?

you see i found that the letters for word "Overthrow" is in the puzzle

I made 1 letter 1 nummber like

o-1

v-2

e-3

r-4

and so on...

and i wrote down all the number possible combinations of the puzzle bottom and wrote them to letters using the table i made o-1

v-2

e-3

r-4

Did u understand now?

I know that by this i may ruined all those player non slept nights trying to solve this because by this i could make all of this public but i just cant think anymore... :(

you see i found that the letters for word "Overthrow" is in the puzzle

I made 1 letter 1 nummber like

o-1

v-2

e-3

r-4

and so on...

and i wrote down all the number possible combinations of the puzzle bottom and wrote them to letters using the table i made o-1

v-2

e-3

r-4

Did u understand now?

I know that by this i may ruined all those player non slept nights trying to solve this because by this i could make all of this public but i just cant think anymore... :(

Ohoh I understand now.. So the answer is not a person's name which I always thought? It can also be numbers?

Ohoh I understand now.. So the answer is not a person's name which I always thought? It can also be numbers?

maybe... :P

Some1 here said its a combination so i made this...

Some1 plz help me with this... :)

Seeing as many others are posting lists of random info just for fun, I'd like to add the following regarding the trippy color scheme:

1. Blues

a. B, N, T

b. E, Z

c. /

d. H

e. T

1. Greens

a. Y, C

b. Y

c. W

d. T

e. V

f. !

g. S

h. A

i. ?

j. J

k. U

l. -

m. V

o. :

*cough* I won't go through all the oranges and red, but my point is that the only letters that are truly the same color are B, N, T (all that light greyish/blue color);

E, Z (slightly darker, but still a cool blue); Y, C (a shade of lime green); F, _ (of the dark red variety); G, R (orange); and finally B, R, O, M (bright yellow)...

I don't know if this actually means anything, but maybe it will be helpful to someone

definitely not obsessive enough to do the whole thing

This may be a shot in the dark but could it be someone's name in Binary? We are supposedly talking to a computer.

Binary is all 1's and 0's; though ASCII would make more sense if you plan on looking...

I actually found four "I"s and got FYORAIIITVJOB or FYORAIIITVJOZ. As for all the other points, I'm pretty stuck as well.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Just thinking about this whole thing, and I was wondering if maybe it's refering to the job agency, and the IIITV part refers to a certain ticket, And then that color represents a color of letters in the puzzle, and then, and then... I have no idea. Just a random thought, can anyone figure out what that would even be used for? Maybe we need to unscramble those letters? Not sure, post any leads?

I actually found four "I"s and got FYORAIIITVJOB or FYORAIIITVJOZ. As for all the other points, I'm pretty stuck as well.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Looking closely again, I was indeed wrong. But there are only three "I"s... the fourth one is really an exclamation point. So, after canceling one of them out, we get FYORAJOBVITI or FYORAJOZVITI.

Or, lest we get stuck on Fyora, I VIA JOB FORTY.

Here's another thought:

Does anyone know what the G.P. in the lower left of the Kalium Echo page means?

Looking closely again, I was indeed wrong. But there are only three "I"s... the fourth one is really an exclamation point. So, after canceling one of them out, we get FYORAJOBVITI or FYORAJOZVITI.

Or, lest we get stuck on Fyora, I VIA JOB FORTY.

Here's another thought:

Does anyone know what the G.P. in the lower left of the Kalium Echo page means?

Perhaps someone's initials? I don't really know... It could be completely irrelevant, but you never know when it comes to this plot...