NEOPETS HAS RIVAL???!!! COME HERE FOR FURTHER DETAILS!

xXMoonlightXx

A bit of Marapets

it's true neopets has rivals! it called marapets you can find it on the dailyneopets .com and besides it say marapets!! SO how do I know they copied neopets? well I found a diffrent advertisement saying tired of neopets ? Why not try Marapets! It friendlier and safer and funner! Which kinda insult neopets I played it for one month and it well, WEIRD!! like really weird this time you have a person charcter and you wear clothes you start off being a hobo and you can have up to 12 marapetso.o and easier to change your pets color why they even buy it! in npc shops too! but they don't have paint brushes or anything like that they have potion,costumes, and magic plushie.... the games are easy they have 3 tombolasO.o one in a castle(in neopets that's merdell) and in queen eleka castle (darigan place in neopets) and finally one in a spooke place where you can know it's related to the haunted woods they have candy land.... And a giant gumball machione (sounds familiar?) and then they give you a warning of news and stuff and you can talk to the staff to which is pretty cool. Games, well there are BARELY any let alone getting neopets and for the shop it will increase and so will the gallery for example ypou upgraded your shop that means your gallery will be upgraded too! The pets are wierd! I mean REALLY most of them are copied>=C But the advertisement is REALLY ANNOYING! and they have adult ones too those bad ones.... anyway they evenhave some popup saying YOU WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and stuff I got alot of virus from them. here are all the relating things they copied>=C

There DIFFRENCES

Marapets Neopets Positive Parts Of marapets

Chinming clock Colzan shrine It's SO EASYXD

Grave Robbing Snowager 12 Pets what do you say about that??!!

Charity Shop Garage Sale

Santa Claws Snow farie

MOST IMPORANT READ HERE****

and so on if you like it then you can BORROW my account witch alot of stuff and enjoy for a couple hours see how you like it .... Why do you have to borrow my account? cause they won't let you do anything in the 1 day literally and your just testing it so send me a email if you would like to borrow my account but spending money over 5k and you must gain it back by game or

something>=(

JUst to tell you, more people try toi copy neopets like fishlandXD and failed, miserably cause when I joined no players almostXDD ROFL!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Matt).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Anything and Everything Neopets’ to ‘Neopets Debate’.

Neopets has had that rival for years on end, and there's no reason why they shouldn't. Neopets is a company making millions from the game - Marapets is simply trying to capitalise on that success. They won't ever be as successful for a number of reasons, but if they've bothered to make a game out of nothing, what's wrong with that?

And what's wrong with a site having a rival? YouTube has rivals. The BBC has rivals. The Daily Neopets has many rivals.

Not quite sure I really understand the point of this topic. ;D

well I'm not saying it has a bad thing did i? sorry but ya marapets is pretty weirdO.o and yes I am serious that some people failed miserably like fishland! they have nobody in there almost the closest and the oldest was powerpets i think

• 2 weeks later...

agreed but marapets has somegood stuff but that fact make the game too easy the main point of earning money was shop I buyed like pointless stuff sell it and gain money it pointless I tell you

• 3 weeks later...
Marapets is not the only one there are many many others.

that what I kinda said I said there fishland powerpets and stuff and don't try fishland it has no one literally!

never thought of it that way =/ but still there alot of purple ><

Neopets pwns them all. I once tried Marapets and it was one of the worse sites I've even been to. Total Neopets rip-off.

I hate the wars too between them.

I agree 3 months of neopets and now I'm bored.... =/ maybe people are quitting to try marapets. =/

Neopets pwns them all. I once tried Marapets and it was one of the worse sites I've even been to. Total Neopets rip-off.

I hate the wars too between them.

Ohh yea, Marapets looks almost exactly like Neopets. <_<

I'd like to point out that difficulty =/= quality.

Just because Marapets is easier doesn't mean that it is a better game, it just has less to work for.

Oh, and Marapets is based off of IPB with mods, so... I wouldn't give it much credit.

Petsites have been around for a long, long time.

Marapets is nothing special, nor new. ;)

The lack of innovation in Neopets seems to point to TNT being about to come up with something big. Still, I hope Neopets doesn't degrade significantly anytime soon.

Well that's the reason that everyone is suspecting a plot or the pound. I've just got my fingers crossed that it's something good. Who knows, it could just be a sign that TNT are lazy this holiday season :P

If that's the case, then they'd better get good security, because I've got a DOOM combat squad with their name on it.

marapets does want to get better than neopet it quite odvious from their advertisings and stuff

Still, Neopets is the best pet site around in my opinion. It has a long way to fall before I'll switch.

I don't like marapets too much purple and the drawing looks noobish =/

I used to work there for about 2 years! haha.. forum moderator. Anyways..

I'll briefly explain the site..

The owner used to own a very popular neopets fansite and as time went on, he decided to expand his site into a pet site. For the first few months, it grew and there was a constant wave of neopet users attacking the forums because the website was suddenly perceived as a threat due to the fact it stood out against other new pet sites at the time.

Marapets still is the biggest pet site apart from Neo but I don't believe it is a threat at all. There have been many poor decisions done by the owner of the site that has made it go downhill. Unless a big cooperation buys the site, gives it a facelift and hires a whole new team - it's nothing to worry about. It's just a crappier alternative to Neopets.

Also, if you have any questions about the site I can answer it.

what was his poor decions O.O I mean I have to admitt he like to talk to the public unlike some sites (neopet)