History of The Daily Neopets

Crusher

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to put it.

Ok, so I've been doing some digging for some images and records of early TDN history. The furthest back I've been able to find is this one from November 24th, 2005. Understandably, none of the links work and most of the images are broken, but you can still see most of the layout relitively easily. So what do you think? Isn't it amazing how far TDN has come oveer the past two years?

~Cameron~

Yup, it is truly amazing. I still remember that layout - I stumbled across TDN while looking for a good FCA site.

All the old stuff like the Ian plot and old images didn't get transfered over with the Y2 layout. So it all went *poof*, espically after the server change. Ick. But the simple fact that you found that is amazing, I wasn't around when it was up.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime Heart).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Site Feedback, Bugs, and Help’ to ‘Random Chit Chat’.

For indepth TDN history, we've got it on our about page. :)

Ahh, I remember that site. =D Was only a visitor, then; I started visiting it from PinkPT, who linked to it, and it was just a much nicer, cleaner and updated site than PinkPT that I had to stick around. Eventually, I applied for news department, and swiftly moved to other areas.

Wowzers. =]

Guest Kaguroi Haato

What is that layout version, V4? I can't realy tell. V4 is when I came to TDN, April 06.

NOW I REMEMBER!!

*Jump start memory*

That might not have been v3, but I vaguely remember v3. There was some kinda message about an update but I ignored it then. I joined the forums in March 06, later became active in April because of the Altador plot.

I think I joined December '05. I do believe I saw that layout, or something very similar, so I must've been around November time.

I too found it from PinkPT. PinkPT was the slowest site EVER back then, and I don't know what made me come back to TDN, but something did.

I remember a Christmas theme got put up and stayed there for a few months after the New Year. :/

Guest Kaguroi Haato

I joined when NHFA failed to give decent guides to the plots, I found TDN on their affiliates. Not even having an Altador plot for a while. I can honestly say NHFA is why I didn't do whell in the LDP, their guides suck.