Updated personal photos policy

Samuel

Hello forum members,

We'd like to inform you that the staff has just made a decision regarding personal photos and a change to our existing policy regarding them. We earlier recieved a report about a personal photo, and we discussed the policy and what the dangers of changing it might be. Following that, we've come to a consensus-based agreement that changes our policy of 'no photos to be posted, regardless of age' to a more open (but more tightly controlled) set of guidelines, which you can read below.

Personal photos on TDN Forums:

• Anyone in a personal picture must be aged 13+, and must look it. The decision on how old they look will be taken at a moderator's discretion.
  • Under no circumstances may you post a picture of your friends without their express permission. If they are aged under 18, it is advisable to get their parent's permission too.
  • All photos must be linked to, and not posted directly onto the forums.
  • Photos must be appropriate. If we deem them inappropriate and in bad taste - remembering that we cater for members aged 12+ - we will remove them and harsh punishment's will be handed out.
  • You may not link to a personal MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Orkut or other social networking site that show photos that may be inappropriate for users under 18 .

Failure to adhere to these guidelines can result in an increased warning level, and placed on our 'moderator's post-watch list' (where we need to validate all your posts before they appear), or temporary removal of posting rights.

On a lighter note, this mean's you can your make full use of our personal photo option inside your user profile - click here to update yours.

Also, if you didn't know, TDN's on a fundraising drive - see the front page for more details!

Many thanks,

TDN Staff

A copy of these guidelines will be posted in the 'Everything and Anything TDN Forums' forum.

To add onto Levy's question...

Would it be okay to show a baby picture as long as we showed it as a BEFORE picture, and then show a recent photo to show the comparison, as long as you're obviously over the age of 13?

We are just going to use our best judgements about the pictures

About your questions, here is what I think :

The guidelines say that the picture must be one of you (or people you have the consent from) at the age of 13+. Babies picture aren't fitting into the guidelines so you aren't allow to post them.

Sam might want to comment on this as well ;p

That would be silly to block baby pictures. I mean, I was cute as a baby! I'm not even joking around, right now. Why wouldn't we be allowed to show our baby picture if we show a picture of ourself that's obviously over 13. I'm 19, and yet I can't show my baby picture?

Baby pictures are (what we consider to be a somewhat obvious) exception to the rule - it's cute to show baby pictures, and as long as the baby's all clothed up, then it's fine. :)

(We love babies. =D I have a baby brother, and I'd gladly show him off.)

Question: I was wondering, what made you change your decision about posting pictures?

I think it was Hannah's topic in the Random Chit Chat board.