Urgent warning concerning those squirty detergent dispenser things

antiaircraft

Well, just this morning I was using one of those squirty detergent dispensers to soap my hands before washing them. I aimed it carefully at my hand, and pressed it - instead of going neatly into my hand like it should have, the jet of detergent shot upwards and landed squarely in my right eye. I had to spend half an hour getting the detergent out and another few minutes stumbling around with one eye in extreme pain. And it stung for about half the day.

After looking more closely, I found that some congealed soap had blocked up the nozzle of the dispenser, causing the soap to squirt out in a random direction and with more force. I have decided to be very careful around those dispensers from now on. *glares pointedly at dispenser by nearby sink*

By the way it was one of those Dettol anti-bacterial handwash thingies.

When I heard you yell I thought you had slipped, and when I came over and saw you I thought that the tap water was very hot. I didn't say anything because you were in one of those moods where you will yell at anyone, or anything, for any reason, or no reason at all.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that you got squirted in the eye. That stuff and other similar items hurt like heck when they go places they shouldn't. To tell you the truth, I believe I had something like that happen to me before. Except it squirted on my shirt...

Well so far I've prevented any more catastrophic accidents by using a toothpick to remove the congealed soap so that it squirts properly. I also face away from the bottle every time I soap my hands.

I use whatever's available at the time, I just don't expect it to shoot me in the eye with detergent. And of course my evilness rubbed off, he is my minion after all.

But even then, you'll still have to wash your pants. Maybe we could just use more dilute detergent?

My Solution: Give the nozzle a sort of umbrella thing so that if it goes the wrong way, it hits the umbrella.

Hope your eye feels better after 2 days. If it doesn't, go see the nearest Poison Control Center immediately. :D

My eye's feeling fine now, but I still duck and cover whenever I press down the nozzle. :P