Brain Teasers 2

Myriad

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. . . beats me! I'll leave it for a few more days, but here's a hint; Look at your keyboard.

That really helped me! Man #5 is the 5 at the top of the keyboard.

1-! The first man seems suprised.

2-@ It sorta swirls.

3-# It sorta looks like a net

4-$ He said he could get a lot of money.

The fifth man has a % Sign.

My mom didn't help me but she fixes computers so I sorta know a bit about them.

Correct! Well, the answer posted was:

James Bond.

1st man: WOW! That's a huge fish!

2nd man: Watch out for that WHIRLPOOL!

3rd man: I've got him in the MESH nets!

4th man: We could get BIG MONEY from selling that fish!

WOW, WHIRLPOOL, MESH, and BIG MONEY are the names for !, @, #, and $, respectively (the symbols above 1, 2, 3, and 4), in the Intercal programming language. The Intercal name for % (the symbol above 5) is 007, hence the answer is James Bond.

Next riddle:

Here you will find twenty-five

When you know me I'm just one

With a mouth you may get news

Give me, then trust is won.

Is it 'word'?

Because there are 25 words in the riddle, but the word itself is just one word, the third line refers to getting news by 'word' of mouth, and when you give your word then a person can (usually :evil: ) trust you.

Heh. Lol, yes it is the word 'word'. The next one is an unusual one. If I say any more, it'll give it away. :P

Emperor Akbar once ruled over India. He was a wise and intelligent ruler, and he had in his court the Nine Gems, his nine advisors, who were each known for a particular skill. One of these Gems was Birbal, known for his wit and wisdom. The story below is one of the examples of his wit. Do you have it in you to find out the answer?

One day the Emperor Akbar startled his courtiers with a strange question.

"If somebody pulled my moustache, what sort of punishment should be given to him?" he asked.

"He should be flogged!" said one courtier.

"He should be hanged!" said another.

"He should be beheaded!" said a third.

"And what about you, Birbal?" asked the emperor. "What do you think would be the right thing to do if somebody pulled my whiskers?"

"He should be given sweets," said Birbal.

"Sweets?" gasped the other courtiers.

Why do you think Birbal gave such a strange answer to the Emperor's strange question?

Omg, I think I know this one! Assuming that the Emperer has an heir, that heir wouldn't be punished because they're related. It could be either his son or his grandson if his son isn't alive anymore. And if you think I looked up the answer, you're wrong. I've simply heard this brainteaser when I was five (I'm a huge puzzle fan!)

Correct! Wow, you can still remember a riddle from when you were five??

A student about to graduate High School just finds out that his Math teacher gave him a failing grade. He does not want to go to summer school, and thinks he deserves a passing grade. His teacher gives him one last chance to earn the passing grade. He gives him some words, fractions, definitions, a question, a group of whole numbers, and two phrases. They are:

Square, Ellipse, Four-sided Polygon, One-sided, Ellipse, How many people inhabit the Moon?(Zero is not acceptable), Trapezoid, Isosceles, 1/26, 12/26

And the group: 5.8, 1, 3, 4, 2.5

He also says: "What A is to the Alphabet becomes greater."

The teacher tells the student that the things he has given him, when understood properly, will lead him to do something with the number group. The student is allowed 1 minute to figure out what to do with this group. What is it? Does he eliminate the decimals? Does he eliminate the whole numbers? Or perhaps he has to isolate the numbers that are related in some other way?

Well, this student REALLY doesn't want to spend his summer making up math class. He is able to solve the problem with 5 seconds left on the clock. What did the student do with the number group based on the information provided by his teacher to get that passing grade?

Correct! Wow, you can still remember a riddle from when you were five??

A student about to graduate High School just finds out that his Math teacher gave him a failing grade. He does not want to go to summer school, and thinks he deserves a passing grade. His teacher gives him one last chance to earn the passing grade. He gives him some words, fractions, definitions, a question, a group of whole numbers, and two phrases. They are:

Square, Ellipse, Four-sided Polygon, One-sided, Ellipse, How many people inhabit the Moon?(Zero is not acceptable), Trapezoid, Isosceles, 1/26, 12/26

And the group: 5.8, 1, 3, 4, 2.5

He also says: "What A is to the Alphabet becomes greater."

The teacher tells the student that the things he has given him, when understood properly, will lead him to do something with the number group. The student is allowed 1 minute to figure out what to do with this group. What is it? Does he eliminate the decimals? Does he eliminate the whole numbers? Or perhaps he has to isolate the numbers that are related in some other way?

Well, this student REALLY doesn't want to spend his summer making up math class. He is able to solve the problem with 5 seconds left on the clock. What did the student do with the number group based on the information provided by his teacher to get that passing grade?

It means you have to take the first letter (A being the first in the Alphabet) from each word and you get the word Sequential. Sequential means A being the first means it's the least and it gets greater. So the order of the numbers should be

1, 2.5, 3, 4, 5.8

EDIT: Forgot to add that fractions also played a factor because it tells the order in which the letter is located in an Alphabet.

That's right! You are Way Too Smart. :P And you also win a prize, because you've reached 10 points! Do you have anything in mind, and which account should I send it to?

My first is double twenty-one but twice of twenty-two,

Decipher it and you will see that statement is quite true.

My next two are just three apart, or, looking at the link,

You'll have the answer easily and will not have to think.

My fourth is so more ways than one, so long as you can spell,

While my fifth splits first and second, so what is it? Can you tell?

It may seem like these words of rhyme are nonsense things to say,

Though the five together are right here (two ways) so what are they?

That's right! You are Way Too Smart. :P And you also win a prize, because you've reached 10 points! Do you have anything in mind, and which account should I send it to?

My first is double twenty-one but twice of twenty-two,

Decipher it and you will see that statement is quite true.

My next two are just three apart, or, looking at the link,

You'll have the answer easily and will not have to think.

My fourth is so more ways than one, so long as you can spell,

While my fifth splits first and second, so what is it? Can you tell?

It may seem like these words of rhyme are nonsense things to say,

Though the five together are right here (two ways) so what are they?

YAY!!! Well, a petpet would be good XD 'cause I'm a petpet collector, but anything is fine. Send it to lupes_are_kewl2

I sent you a Bubblebee, I hope you like it!

And the anser WORDS was correct! I'll also update your score, ishamaria.

If ONE is TWO, SIX is TEN, and FIVE is ZERO, what's SEVEN?

Yes, it does! The next one I reckon you guys will get it in a jiffy.

Which one of the following actions does not fit with the others?

1. Open the windows.

2. Start painting.

3. Write in your notepad.

4. Open your oven.

5. Sweep your floor.

Number 4 doesn't fit. All the rest have to do with Microsoft products. . . here's my answers. Number 1 has to do with starting Windows. Number 2 has to do with drawing in Microsoft Paint. Number 3 has to do with writing in Microsoft Notepad. Number 4 is wrong! It doesn't have anything to do with any Microsoft application! And finally, number 5 has to do with the game "Minesweeper" where you click pegs on the 'floor' to 'sweep' it.

Yup, number five relates to Minesweeper, the rest are all computer applications (or Microsoft applications, however you want to put it), as I stated earlier.

Sorry that I didn't post earlier, I was a bit busy.AA, that means you win a prize for getting tha one. Would you like anything in particular, and who should I send it to?

YOU

"I've" adds an R

= YOUR

"I've" adds an A

= A YOUR

"I've" takes a Y away

= A OUR

"I've" replaces the U with an A

= A OAR

"I've" finishes off by replacing the O with an LI

= A LIAR

After completing all of this what expression is hidden here in rebus form?