Brain Teasers 2

Myriad

I could't stand wondering about this anymore, so I looked it up. Mischievous Penguin, you are EXTREMELY close.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10 one was wrong, the other ones were right! The answer for 10 has something to do with beauty. For the O it's about it's shape. It's a good shape, isn't it? ;)

It sounds to me like they rated him perfect. An "O" is a perfect circle. I don't know many movies, so I can't say anything about the actress, but Ellie pointed out that 6 and 28 are perfect numbers (because the sum of their factors is equal to them) and that 300 is a perfect score. So, that's my best guess. :)

Yes, that's right! I'll give you and Ellie both a point.

A man worked for a high-security institution, and one day he went in to work only to find that he could not log in to his computer terminal. His password wouldn't work. Then he remembered that the passwords are reset every month for security purposes. So he went to his boss and they had this conversation:

Man-"Hey boss, my password is out of date."

Boss-"Yes, that's right. The password is different, but if you listen carefully you should be able to figure out the new one: It has the same amount of letters as your old password, but only four of the letters are the same."

Man: "Thanks boss."

With that, he went and correctly logged into his station.

What was the new password?

BONUS: What was his old password?

It's a poem. Except I can't figure out the first 3 numbers. Anyway, here's the translation.

???

Three times the square root of four,

Divided by seven,

Plus five times eleven,

Is the square of nine and no more.

I'll see if I can get the first part.

In that case, here's my final submission. And it's a limerick.

A dozen, a gross, and a score.

Plus three times the square root of four,

Divided by seven,

Plus five times eleven,

Is the square of nine and no more.

Correct! Well, close enough anyway. :) The next one is really weird. But, whatever!

A room is lit only by an LED digital 12-hour clock. At what time is the room the brightest? The darkest?

Assume no leading '0' in times where the hour is a single digit. In other words, the time is displayed as "6:32", not "06:32".

Yeah! :) That one was really odd. The next one is an English question.

MR. KIXS and his family have six pets. In deference to his wife ROSE who thinks water creatures are unlucky, he agreed not to keep any aquatic animals. Their only daughter VIOLET hates pigs. The family pets names are: MATIZE, WATCH, FISH, STAR, DAYS, and LATIN.

QUESTION: What kind of pets do the family keep?

I think it's a dog, because DOGFISH, DOG WATCH, DOG LATIN, and all the others make sense, but I've never heard of CAT LATIN. Of course, I'm probably wrong. <_<

Correct! Well, close enough anyway. :) The next one is really weird. But, whatever!

A room is lit only by an LED digital 12-hour clock. At what time is the room the brightest? The darkest?

Assume no leading '0' in times where the hour is a single digit. In other words, the time is displayed as "6:32", not "06:32".

I know this is late but I heard this one a long time ago

Heh ^_^. What's Dog Latin? Is it Pig Latin?

I'm but a little letter, still

Have sacred duties to fulfil;

But if you take

My tail, you make

An alteration in my lot;

You'll say I'm shorter, but I'm not.

Well you pretty much got the answer for the last one first, so I guess the point should go to you.

Dog latin is basically when you translate stuff from other language into latin without bothering to sort it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Latin

I'll give a point to Ellie then, thanks! And yes, the answers was Note and Not.

A career man would be away from his home and family during a one month business trip. Every so often, a surprise package would wind up at his house, containing souvenirs for his kids.

"Wow!" Tom said. He received an extremely hard, solid piece of lime gelatin.

"Cool," muttered John. He was sent a cotton swab that went crazy when sharp, fast music was played.

"Neat," Patrick said as he examined his new action figure. It had a look of severe depression and stress on its face.

And Clark was given an octagonal paperweight that would sway side to side on its own.

How can all these quirky properties be associated with each other?

I think it's because they all involve 'rock'. Tom's present is hard and solid, like a rock. John's present is related to 'rock' music. Clark's present 'rocks' from side to side. I can't figure out Patrick's one though.

I swear my IQ is dropping. <_<