Brain Teasers 2

Myriad

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, sorry. I haven't been here for a while. Anyway, here is the answer:

16 Gs. Her aunt left her 16 thousand dollars. A G is a thousand dollars. Each word in the note may be preceded by a G.

Grain Griddle Gold Gastronomy Ghost Gallows Gable Glass Gentry Gin Gown Gland Gestate Glove Gaunt Galley.

HINT. Bikinis or G-strings. A string of Gs may be added to all the words in the note.

And here is the new one:

It's true I bring serenity,

And hang around the stars,

But yet I live in misery,

You'll find me behind bars.

With thieves and villains I consort,

In prison I'll be found,

But I would never go to court,

Unless there's more than one.

It's pretty odd.

Yeah! Hi, ishamaria. And the answer is S.

As the school year was progressing, a teacher was distressed that more and more of her students were beginning to tease and make fun of one another. She decided to do something about it. When they returned to the classroom after Spring Break, they saw a mirror on the wall with a sign next to it.

When one of the students came to her crying about the names she had been called at recess, she sent the girl to the mirror with these directions: Read that sign quietly to yourself. Repeat it over and over, gradually running the sounds together. Each time, look at yourself in the mirror. Soon you will be smiling.

Sure enough, when the student followed these directions, she came away smiling.

Each time a student would come to the teacher feeling low, she would give them the same directions. Sometimes they would have difficulty, so she would go over to read the sign with them. Eventually, each one would come away smiling.

This is what the sign said: I.Y.Q.Y.Q.R.

Why did this little exercise help her students feel better about themselves?

That's right! A point for you!

A farmer challenges an engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician to fence off the largest amount of area using the least amount of fence.

The engineer made his fence in a circle and said it was the most efficient.

The physicist made a long line and said that the length was infinite, and said that fencing half of the Earth was the best.

The mathematician laughed at the others and made his design beating the others. What did he do?

I think I get this one - the mathematician made a tiny square (or circle or whatever), and said that the area outside the shape was the area he had fenced off.

Yeah. Very smart, wasn't he? :)

I'm pretty sure you guys will get this one straight away. But I still put it up. :D

A biological term I am,

But used to mean something destructive.

I can attack your assets and leave,

And cannot be found by even a detective!

A pest I am in today's world,

Striking when you least expect it.

I have people staying awake all night,

Reconstructing everything bit by bit.

Once I start I can multiply and multiply,

Attack millions of my targets within hours.

And leave mayhem and confusion behind,

The ones unaffected literally thank their stars!

And now you must figure out,

What could I possibly be?

Humans need not fear me directly,

But when they look to their office tables, even humans fear me!

Yeah, that is right!! You're on 2 points. :P

While on safari in the wild jungles of Africa, Professor Noki woke up one morning and felt something in the pocket of his shorts. It had a head and tail, but no legs. When Noki got up he could feel it move inside his pocket. Noki, however, showed little concern and went about his morning rituals. Why such a casual attitude?

Yep. That's a lot of times. I have to roll a dice 400 times for homework. Pointless. x_x

A man named Tom walks into a restaurant for lunch. He asks the waitress if she is good at solving puzzles. She replies, "I am the best." So Tom says, "I'll have sausage and noodles drenched with ice cream, hashed. And if you bring me what I really want I'll leave you a $100 tip." A few minutes later she brought him exactly what he wanted, and he left her the large tip.

What did Tom really eat for lunch?

Yeah, I know it was. I just liked it. :* The next one is also quite easy!

I can be quick and then I'm deadly,

I am a rock, shell and bone medley.

If I was made into a man, I'd make people dream,

I gather in my millions by ocean, sea and stream.

*nudges back* Yeah, yeah, i'm going. :P

This next one is really weird. . . .

George is dead. He was found face down in the street, squashed nearly flat. He must have been there some time as he was cool to the touch. In addition, when he was found, there was a bird perched on the back of his head.

Who is George?

Lol! Eeew. No actually, Ellie was right and it's Goerge Washington. The first thing that popped into my mind was a scarecrow.

I guess AC/DC fans will know this one. It's trivia.

"It was amazing! I have to tell you about the entire trip!" exclaimed Tinman, the town lunatic.

"I was tinkering around with my microwave, because it's always breaking down. Suddenly, right after I connected two wires, I was shot into a white abyss where I was brought back to the year 1950. When I was walkin' around I noticed there was a concert goin' on. I went inside and eventually I got to play. It was so amazing! I went up there and started playing AC/DC. The people were so amazed, probably because they've never heard distortion like that before!" Then, someone said that he was lying and told everyone how that would be impossible. What did he use as proof?