Brain Teasers 2

Myriad

Well, it's kind of right. That's around half of the answer. Can you give me any more clues?

Lol, I sound like a detective. It is a Mystery Teaser.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Note to Myriad: It's been a few days, so I wanna answer it. If you don't think that I should get the point for it, that's fine. I just want to answer it.))

You were right when you said the 7B91011 was 7-8-9-10-11. The calendar was on July, which is the 7th month. If you go from them and the next four months after that (8, 9, 10, and 11), you would get A-S-O-N. Add the J from July to the beginning of the letters, you get J-A-S-O-N. Now, look at the watch. Which hand was it on? His right! That must mean that he's left handed! Excellent, we're getting somewhere with this. Now, look at the writing on the calender again. Was it on the bottom right, or the bottom left? It was in the bottom right hand corner, which means that Jason didn't write it. . . But he did kill his business partner.

The other things (such as the phone off the hook and the torn up photo of his wife) indicate that she might have been cheating on him with someone; and I doubt it was his best friend, Harold. Jason killed Mr. Whitcombe to keep him from doing anything about the affair or simply for the money that he was racking up in their partnership. Jason was greedy; he wanted it all.

Sacrificed, you were really close ;) Except for the whole answer was about the watch and pen, and all that. Ryuuk told me that she looked up the answer before, so I guess no-one will get the point. Is that okay?

Some know me as two of twenty-six

Distanced by seven,

Plus the first between odds,

Its left neighbor twice for eleven.

I can travel 3 states in a fraction of an hour,

Some 90% of your air bags, 70% of your thinking power.

What am I?

Hmm... this will take some thinking about. This is just a vague idea at the moment, but I think it might be referring to a two letter word (because there are 26 letters in the alphabet, and the first line is 'Some know me as two of twenty-six').

Water. That's the only thing that I can think of. I could go into a long explanation, but I think that it would bore you.

Basically what gave it away was the percentages. "Air Bags" refer to your lungs. Water makes up almost 100% of your body, so that would apply to your lungs as well. Your brain is pretty much all water as well, but not completely, which is where the 70% comes in.

Water has 3 'states'. This is elementary, seriously.

Liquid, gas, and solid. The only way that it would skip one state is if it condensed on a glass or something cold like that.

I agree with that answer - but you can't get water to skip one of its states of matter without manipulating air pressure.

Oh, the State thing is how it can transform into a gas, liquid or solid in a fraction of an hour.

Round, I am a swing.

Open, I am inviting.

Full, I am winning.

Green, I am steaming.

What am I?

I know this one! But I'm not going to answer it because I feel like I've answered enough for now. Just think about it. It's one word that's used in more than one way (in this case four). But I'm not telling you the answer, nope! :P

That sounds like the right answer. :yes:

And I think I'll take a break from answering these, since I've already done 11. :P

Nah, I'm not quitting - I'm just pulling my giant footprint out of this board for a while. :P

Erm, okay. . . If you want to pull out for a while, I don't mind!

Yes, the answer was house!

Too many people knew the code to Joe's menu and he was losing a fortune in free pizza. Now he has a new code (based on the value of letters). Can you crack it, discover the price of pancakes, and win a free hamburger?

MENU

Apple Pie ... $13.60

Ice cream ... $15.90

Chocolate cake ... $24.90

Pancakes ... $?

Yep. :) Free hamburger!

What six letter word in the English language contains eleven other words without rearranging any of its letters? Also, what are the words?

Doc Loc IS right, but he missed one word. Therein has eleven other words in it. The, he, her, here, there, ere, rein, re, in, therein, and herein. Doc Loc only missed one word. Re. At first I could only find ten, but then I thought of 're'. The dictionary definition is: "the syllable used for the second tone of a diatonic scale." Therefore, Re is the final word.