Brain Teasers 2

Myriad

Unfortunalty, therein has seven letters. I believe Myriad is looking for a six letter word.

I think maybe she wrote down the teaser wrong. Because I can't think of a SIX letter word that has ELEVEN other words in it.

Edit: After I spared a few more hours thinking, I thought of a six letter word that had eleven OTHER words in it. Sadly, I had been using the word in several RPs and only NOW did it strike me that once I thought of it, this word have eleven other consecutive words in it! The word, as said above already, is SPARED. The words are, in consecutive order: spa, spar, spare, pa, par, pare, pared, a, are, re, and red. Did I miss one? I THINK NOT!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol! Yes, Spared is right. :)

This next one is quite long, but easy.

A riddle game is played below,

Can you name this charming fellow?

Someone looks me in the eye

I know who, and I know why

I know them well, and they know me

A very special bond, have we

We share the same thoughts, and the same place

We agree always in every case

Linked to the very last degree

If I should die then so would he

I never see my friend once blink

Nor twice nor ever, I should think

Though I will see him sometimes wink

But I see him come to the very brink

Of when his eyes will finally blink

Everyone has a friend like mine

Some hate them, some think them fine

Some people love them more than air

Whilst others wish they were not there

Mine will not move without consent

Though I could not make him repent

I like him, though, for when I smile

He smiles back for all the while

Is it a mirror, it makes sense when you think about it, you never see yourself blink, because your eyes are closed, but you can see yourself blink. Some people love themselves some hate them selves. And of course, you are both exactly alike.

Oh, I'm sorry that must of slipped through me. I'll put it up right now. :)

The next one is a hard one, and kind of long.

"What's the password?" asked The Entity, with a weasel-like demeanor. Spy IQ was confused, until he realized he had received a strange postcard weeks before. The crafty spy still needed to enter the underground cellar leading to a new set of gadgets to be used on the next mission, but he was halted by The Entity's presence. What the postcard said might help Spy IQ find the password The Entity needs to allow the spy into the secret lair. The postcard says this:

A relative of mine was expelled.

It was my niece.

Wouldn't you agree?

It was because she joined a band of bikers.

She's doing lots of things wrong.

She always shows a lot of toughness.

P.S.

Isaac Newton:

Near orange bags lying east.

Gets as strange equally slowly.

That P.S. looks like it could be the catalyst to solve for the encrypted password. But, what could it be?

Look at the P.S. note. If you take the first letters of each word, like other riddles we've done on here, you'll get "I N N O B L E G A S E S" which, if you take out all but 2 spaces, you get "IN NOBLE GASES". In the actual post card, the last word in the six lines are essential because there are the abbreviations for six 'noble gases'. Take the gases and you get the password.

Pigeon.

Yep. You're really smart. ^_^

Enter words into the following word chain such that each pair of words in the chain forms a compound word. No word can appear in the chain more than one time. Each "?" represents a missing word. Example: girl ? ? shape = girl friend ship shape = girlfriend friendship shipshape.

waist ? tail ? ? side ? ? fall ? ? down ? ? spring ? ? ? hole

Oooh, I know this one (again. . . sorry.) This is just like that show "Chain Reaction" that I watch everyday.

Waistcoat, Coattail, Tailgate ,Gateway, Wayside, Sidearm, Armpit, Pitfall, Fallout, Output, Put down, Downcast, Castoff, Offspring, Springtime, Time line, Lineman, Manhole.

To make it simpler, just read this one:

Waist, coat, tail, gate, way, side, arm, pit, fall, out, put, down, cast, off, spring, time, line, man, hole.

Oooh, I know this one (again. . . sorry.) This is just like that show "Chain Reaction" that I watch everyday.

Waistcoat, Coattail, Tailgate ,Gateway, Wayside, Sidearm, Armpit, Pitfall, Fallout, Output, Put down, Downcast, Castoff, Offspring, Springtime, Time line, Lineman, Manhole.

To make it simpler, just read this one:

Waist, coat, tail, gate, way, side, arm, pit, fall, out, put, down, cast, off, spring, time, line, man, hole.

You Turely have terrifying powers. Also: Yay! I got the last two words right!

I agree. Wow, that's an impressive score! *faints*

Decapitate me and all becomes equal. Then truncate me and I become second. Cut me front and back and I become two less than I started.

What am I?

Seven. I only know this one because I have a friend who's nickname is Seven and she asked me this riddle before.

If you 'decapitate' seven, it becomes 'even', or, as we see above, 'equal'. 'Truncate' means, plainly, to cut the first and last letter or something like that. To truncate seven, you'll get 'Eve' which is the second person created in the bible. And finally, the last part is the roman numeral V for five. The roman numeral for seven is VII and if you take two away from that you get V, or five.

Yep! You're awfully good at these! :)

The letters of the alphabet have been split into two groups. In which group would you put the letter Z?

1. AEFHIJLPRSUVW

2. BCDGKMNOQTXY

Well, I guess you'll have to be quick! ^^ The answer was number 2. They're group by whether they start by a dot or a dash in morse code, like Ryuuk said.

Everything you catch you throw away, but everything you don't catch you keep.

What are you hunting?

Heh, yes, the answer is lice. So, Strategos got it.

While on your interplanetary vacation, you decide to stop at the planet Quocorri, a planet known for its many mathematical achievements.

While there, you decide to pick up on some of the Quocorrians mathematical variations. The Quocorrians won't tell you exactly how it works, only that it has some relationship to the Standard English math. They also give you four, true, Quocorrian math problems. They are:

2+2=9

4*1=1

5-2=16

-3+2=64

So, according to this system, what is 6/2?