Item and Pet Lending On Hold

Matt

At some point at around midnight NST today, the Avatar Lending Account 'jerrypteri' has been hacked. :(

Thanks to the rather nifty PIN protection system, however, the hackers only made off with the Faerie Queen Doll (Edit: and the ZDAP. :|) about to be lent out to a fellow player through the Trading Post.

If anyone has the Faerie Queen Doll and this is infact an admin error, please make yourself known. However, I do believe it has been the work of evil beings.

As a concequence, all lending of any sort has been ceased. If you currently have an item of ours on another lend, feel free to contact us to get it returned. However, no further lending will commence until the root cause of this has been found.

Please accept our apologies for the vast minority spoiling it for the rest of us (and if you know of a way to see to who a trade was accepted to, please tell us also).

Apologies once more,

Matt (and, I guess, Eric).

Sorry to hear that Matt.

I sell some of my stuff and donate more, (never gonna use it anyway :P)

But TNT needs to secure the PIN more easily. Hackers can get it easily by teh steps:

-they find you password and get into your account

-They use your password to change the account email.

-get the PIN sent to the new email.

TNT could Pin Lock all the account info as well, rather than just the bank and shop etc. But yeah, expect a medium doantion from Me, tomorrow (would do it now, but just about to rush out soon)

Gak. The annoying thing is that they were stolen out of the Trading Post. That should have some sort of tracking system in it to know where those things went to. :|

In future, guys, please accept the Trading Post items as soon as possible if you've asked for them. Thanks.

But the question is now, which is more important - The Meowclops target, or getting an FQD / ZDAP back in the program?

Hopefully they never will find out, TJ. Anyway, I reckon you should go for the next target and get the old ones later. Maybe it was someone from the TDN Forums. Once they see this board, they may realise they're busted and give it back.

Crusher

That really sucks. I'll donate any excess NPs I have after we've finished with the prizes for the Wildlife contest.

Hmm, maybe TNT is already onto us, and they're reading this board right now... :shiftyeyes_anim:

Who ever did this if they hacked it. Should have there account frozen and be IP banned from Neopets. If this was a misogged account please give it back. Thanks. :)

That sux so bad! I can't believe someone did that to the much beloved TDN!!! I'm really impressed it hasn't made you consider stopping the ALP altogether. Also yeah I wouldn't go reporting it...but hey I thought lending for avvies was allowed I read it in an editorial recently...but all the same I think the revenge aspect of getting the hackers accounts frozen isn't really enough - hackers will always find a way to open more accounts and steal stuff but TDN should always stay sort of above these petty thieves I think. If the money had come mostly from playing then it would be different, but donations - well you can always get more good karma coming your way as everyones generosity since this happened has proved :) Glad people are donating again, will send some points your way in a bit too.

Oh and uhhh by the way...I wouldn't count on TNT being polite if they think anyones broken rules! And I'm pretty sure they'd be watching :P in some capacity or another...maybe some staff use your help pages! hahaha