Childhood Movies

Awesome_Paul

Everyone has had some, Films you loved to sit down and watch over and over, and it wouldn't get boring.

It could have been made by Pixar, Disney or a independent company.

So Yeah, what was this film/s that you could watch over and over?

I Myself had 2.

First one, Everyone have heard of (well should have done)

The Lion king.

Dunno what was with this film, but it was just a fun film, had loads of different types of scenes, sad, happy, funny, it had it all.

The second one, which most people might not have heard off (made before most of TDNians were born :P (most))

The Rescuers Down Under. (Made in 1990)

This also had a mixed reaction, Though the first time I watched it, I was actually scared, Yes sounds lame but i was 5, and there were poachers. I would actually think its one of the most scariest villains of the whole Disney story, he doesn't have evil powers, but its real and happening all around the world, which makes it somewhat more scarier than the other villains

It was one of those films that would make you shiver inside, yet you wouldn't stop watching it because there were some really good scenes, and a excellent story

Though I would recommend this film, doesn't matter how old you are, you will enjoy it, I'm sure its somewhere eon the internet online if you search.

One of those movies that I don't think I ever got bored of as a child was, admittedly, Mathilda. It would keep me quiet again and again, and I vaguely remember watching it when I had a massive earache when I was younger too, at 3am. :)

But everyone loved The Lion King, yes. Oh, and Toy Story, nearing the end of my childhood. :)

George of the Jungle (which I watched recently..it's really horrible, I don't know how my family tolerated it for all of that time) and Hercules. And the Lion King. And the Aristocats. haha :]

Let's see. I really loved the Sound of Music for that particular piece in it, you know, the one that teaches you about the musical notes. And although everbody talks about the Lion King, I've never watched it. Can anybody give me a brief sypnosis?

My favorite childhood movies will always be The Sword in the Stone and The Last Unicorn. I love Toy Story and Lion King and Rescuers Down Under and almost all the classics, but those two always stuck out to me because the Last Unicorn was funny and scary and pretty to me while The Sword in the Stone made me sit in front of the tv not moving just watching it all the way through. Love those two, still have Sword on VHS and I plan on getting Unicorn on DVD.

Ok, this is where it shows that I'm older than the majority in here :glasses:

My two favourite childhood movies weren't cartoons, but they were both animal movies:

My Friend Flicka (1943)

The Incredible Journey (1963)

And no I'm not that old... I just simply loved those movies and could watch them over and over again... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I’d have to say that my top ten favorite movies as a kid were Casper; Cool Runnings; Funny Girl; The Glass Bottom Boat; The Gnome-Mobile; The Great Mom Swap; The Little Rascals; The Puppetoon Movie; Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, and Wee Sing in Sillyville. Some classics, some 'weird' ones, and some common ones...

I haven't seen the Lion King in many years. Why? Because I always cry :* and it's just too sad. When I was little, I used to watch every single Disney money and also the Sing Along videos! I guess my favourite movie was and still is Toy Story and the Curious George series XD. Actually, I used to love everything lol; the Flinstones, Ninja Turtles, the Jetsons, Transformers, Batman, etc.