DSL, no longer a distant goal

Guest Levy

My step dad told me he found a good deal for the modem, we're getting DSL soon! XD

I'm not sure of the specifics but I know it will be a wireless modem. I will be able to use my DS online! WiFi! Death matches on Metroid Prime Hunters, and races on mario-kart. I might get one of the new pokemon games too, I always liked the little pixel dudes. I'll be going crazy the day it is hooked up so, just beware.

Hmm, Verizon DSL gave us our modem for free, just for signing up with them. :/

I'm assuming by wireless modem you mean router?!?

Congrats!

I've had DSL for a while now, but it's almost as slow as dial-up, and has a knack for going off exactly when you need it most. I also have a wireless router, which overheats and shuts down once every five minutes.

On a bad day, my DSL can barely make one kilobyte a second. Luckily bad days are rare.

Oh Levy! I'm happy for you :P

I'll change my Internet provider in December because Bell is expensive for what they offer, and the bandwith limit is annoying me!! (2GB/month. Upload and Download included...) And we can't sign up for a better service... they don't provide it on my street. Rwarrr!

I've never had DSL, I've grown up with dial-up my high life. Whenever I get a DSL or High Speed connection, probably on my new lappy next year, I'll be using it for so much. Plus the wi-fi set-up for my DS will be nice too, I may be bad at even getting a single pokemon up to 100 but I love the game.

Oh Levy! I'm happy for you :P

I'll change my Internet provider in December because Bell is expensive for what they offer, and the bandwith limit is annoying me!! (2GB/month. Upload and Download included...) And we can't sign up for a better service... they don't provide it on my street. Rwarrr!

My BF has Bell and he wants to change it 'cause his net often goes very slow or goes down.

You have a DS? Anyway, that's cool! Metroid Prime Hunters... I should be getting that game soon I belive (Or Hope) I am a semi-good driver in MArio Kart DS though. I'm pretty pwnsome in Pokemon games. (Or so I believe)

Cool. Tis my favorite game on there.

Congrats Levy you can download songs faster now.

OK, Updates on the hookup... BTW, It is a wireless router/modem. It has wireless connectivity, with four slots for phone lines. I was Half right before.

It is a Verizon Wireless Router Modem, with Embarq service. The cost of the Embarq router modem cost too much so my step dad brought over his old Verizon wireless router modem and Embarq said it would work.

The DSL will flow through the phone line tomorrow, but we need wireless cards for two of the three computers, the third is hooked directly to the modem.

We are getting a 1.5 megabit connection speed, which calculated means we will get a connection of 187.5 Kilobytes per second. About 50 times better than my Dial up connection.

When I get my DS online I will post details on how to contact me on it. XD

Ok that sound cool. I need to either find my dad's wireless router or buy one of those stupid nintendo stick thingys.

Metroid! I challenge you to a one on one death match when I get DSL tomorrow.

*Giggles and runs away*

*Practices Metroid Prime Hunters with bots.*

Hold on there, Captain Kangaroo. Before you get bouncy, I have a confession that I'm sure I already said... I don't have Metroid Prime Hunters... It's a shame, really. For a Metroid Fanatic, it's pretty embarrasing. I literally have all games beside that one so far...

Interested in Mario Kart?

You know, I probably should run away now...

What kind of modem/router is it that you brought over from Verizon? If it has wireless capabilities, then it's one of two types. Is it a Westell Versalink, or is it an Actiontec? I used to do tech support for them, so I'm just curious. v_v;;